20. I Love You

Jason's POV

I sent Selena away. One slap on the ass seemed to do the trick. I went over to the desk Honey was just sitting at. There was an open notebook and I couldn't help but read.

Dear diary...

I broke up with Jason... I had no choice! I didn't wanna hurt his family more than it already is. And Andy is back... I actually forgave him. I guess what he said and how he acted affected me... I saw Jason making out with a girl today... yes.. I cried... and I kissed river... My life is getting so complicated. Why did Cody just... not kill me? I mean, why did he kidnap me? Ugh...

Wait, she cried? She cried cuz I kissed someone else? And she had to break up with me? What the hell? What am I missing out here? So basically... She didn't want to break up with me, but she did....? I'm gonna find out. I went out of the room and saw Honey playing c.o.d.

She went in the room and got out her gun. She didn't try hiding it as she went out. I followed her... again. She went to an open field and aimed at somewhere I couldn't exactly see. I ran to her.

Me: you gotta silence your gun, baby girl.

She stiffened as she handed her gun. I silenced it. Honey looked at it and started giggling.

Me: what?

Honey: it looks like the gun had a boner.

I shook my head with a smile.

Me: only you, baby girl, only you.

She looked at her feet. Soon, she looked around and at her feet. She's doing that thing again! And sure enough... She closed her eyes and fired 3 shots. She got two trees and missed one.

Honey: shit... I missed.

Me: you missed. Boo hoo. No big deal.

Honey: I might hit someone!

Me: calm down and teach me how to do that.

Honey: do what?

Me: that.

I pointed at the tree. She handed me her gun.

Honey: look around carefully, at the targets... wait, you do know how to shoot without looking, right?

I shot and hit.

Me: just one.

Honey: well... it's you look at the targets, then your feet. See how much you have to move and shoot.

I smiled and tried. 4 shots. Missed one and hit 3.

Honey: you missed... someone's gonna die today.

Me: or two. You missed, too.

She rolled her eyes.

Honey: let's get back.

We went back, and Honey unpaused her c.o.d. game and kept playing. I joined her. We played for like... forever. We both were good at shooting and ducking. We played like nothing was wrong between us and like nothing ever happened between us. I liked it. It was dinner time, but we both weren't hungry, so we skipped it. We just kept playing, and never died.

But of course, all good things have to end. She started yawning.

Honey: good night...

She fell asleep on the couch. I looked at her, and couldn't help it. When she had fallen asleep, I carried her to the bed and lay down next to her. I sleep with her for what felt like ages.

Honey's POV

I woke up and saw Jason's perfect face in front of me, sleeping. Without thinking, I started touching his cheeks, his nose, his lips... I sighed.