Chapter 9~ Be Careful What You Wish For

Jill's POV

Peter took off into the air and began fighting off the onslaught of men with the Lost Boys and the Indians. Everyone just seemed to disappear in a big haze of dirt, smoke and screams.

I felt dizzy and I wanted to be sick. My knees wobbled underneath me as I stumbled around in a daze as I watched the indians run and fight against the Pirates. It was absolute and utter chaos.

"My whole life that I had built for myself," I cried, the words ripping through me as I spoke, "It's all being torn apart in front of my eyes."

I looked to the trees, hoping that one of them would answer me, give me some consolation, some hint or advice, but they remained still and silent. They were only trees. They couldn't speak, not even in this magical world of fairies and flying boys.

I tripped over something and I fell to the ground. I looked back and I instantly regretted it because my stomach summersaulted and I vomited into the grass.

It was the dead body of the young warrior that Peter had fought a couple of days before when we first came to the camp. There was a sword protruding out of his naked chest and his skin was splattered with ruby blood. His dark eyes stared vacantly up at the sky as if they were searching for something or asking for some miracle, but none came.

Then I heard someone screaming and I was awoken from my daze. Actually, it was multiple people screaming and I knew their voices well.

I turned to see Nick and Nack running from another familiar face: Bart. He had Jax by the collar of his shirt in one hand and his sword drawn in the other. Their faces held looks of pure terror as they realized that this wasn't a game anymore.

Something snapped and my body began to react on it's own. My blood rose to a boil and my fists clenched in uncontrollable fury. It was like all of the negative emotions that I had ever felt against Bart ever since he slapped me as a little girl on my first day on the Jolly Roger suddenly erupted from me all at once. I had no guilt in doing what I was about to do to him.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF THEM!" I roared.

The disgusting man turned to face me in surprise, his white eye glinting in the light.

"You!" he growled, his eyes narrowing with hatred, "You are supposed to be dead!"

"I'm so sorry to disappoint you," I replied cooly, picking up a disregarded sword from the littered ground, "But I'm far harder to get rid of."

Bart became tense as he heard the sound of my voice. He roughly threw Jax on the ground and laughed at me, his sneer revealing his rotting golden tooth that was covered in green slime and decaying food. I couldn't help but gag at the sight of him. Some people are rotten on the inside and just make themselves seem nice on the outside, sort of like Hook in the way that he always dresses nice and keeps himself clean, but Bart was rotten to the core, inside and out. He'd been that way for as long as I could remember and I didn't think that that was ever going to change.

"I'm going to enjoy this," he growled, his eyes glinting with pleasure as he glared at me with some sort of vengeance.

"Nick and Nack, go and help Jax," I commanded, "Now."

"But what about-"

"-You Mum?"

"NOW!"

They scurried to do what they were told.

"Well look at you," Bart sneered, "You're so cute the way you boss them around."

"Why thank you," I smiled mockingly at him and gave a small bow.