Chapter 10~ Aching Pains

Jill's POV

I was running through the forest, my feet were bare and my hair was undone, flapping in the wind behind me like a flag. The darkness cloaked everything around me in an ominous haze, as if I was staring at everything through a thick blanket of fog.

"Jill!"

The voice was a hiss that echoed over and over in my mind. I didn't look back to see if I was being followed. I just kept running.

"Jill!"

There it was again, louder this time. Was I following the voice?

Yes, I replied to myself, I am following the voice.

Suddenly I stopped running. I was at the mouth of a dark cave.

"Jill!" echoed the voice yet again. It was coming from inside the cave. I walked inside.

It was all dark. I heard something walking towards me but I couldn't tell from where. The footsteps seemed to be coming from everywhere at once. I spun around, trying to see who the intruder was-or was I the intruder? I couldn't tell.

Then there was a light.

I saw Vinny holding a lantern. His mouth was turned in his usual sideways smile and his blue eyes twinkled in the faint firelight.

"Jill?" he whispered, sounding a little bewildered, "Is that you?"

"Vinny," I smiled back.

"I missed you so much," he said, holding out his hand, "I never stopped searching for you."

"Vinny I-"

BANG!!

A hole appeared in Vinny's chest and blood began to soak through his white shirt. He looked at me, his face torn with fear and pain.

"NO!" I screamed.

I ran and caught him before he collapsed to the ground.

"Vinny!" I held him in my arms and I tore open his shirt. Suddenly more bullets began to appear in his pale flesh, painting my hands with his blood.

Why did this have to happen? I wondered, What did I ever do to deserve this? Whomever I offended or insulted out there to deserve this, I promise you that I didn't mean it.

A mocking laugh echoed through the cave. I knew that voice.

Hook.

"GET AWAY!" I screamed, my arms suddenly felt like they were made of lead.

"Jill! Wake up!" yelled a faint voice.

"NO!" I screamed, "LET ME GO!!"

"Wake up!" yelled a second.

"Get a bucket of water!" called a third.

"Hurry!" yelled a fourth.

Suddenly I felt a rush of wetness engulf my body.

"NO!"

"You're next little girl," he hissed, tipping his hat to me with his hook and then he disappeared and my vision was engulfed with light.

"AAAAAAHHG!"

I woke up from my nightmare sopping wet and confused. I tried to move my arms but I found that I couldn't. I began to panic. Hooks laughter was still ringing in my ears.

"Boys!" yelled Peter, "Let her go!"

Peter appeared over me and scooped me up in his arms. I wiped the water out of my eyes to see a scared-looking Pudge huddled next to a worried Jax who was sitting next to a not-so-happy Princess Midnight Lilly who was glaring at a mortified Slightly. The princess had a wet cloth in one hand and a small pot in the other. We were inside of a tipi. It smelled strongly of incense and some other smoky substance.