Chapter 12~ The Love of Mother Dove

Peter's POV

I sat at the base of the giant tree that was Pixie Hollow and watched as tiny balls of light flew to and fro through the sky.

I loved how each of the fairies had their own specific jobs. When fairies and sparrowmen are born they are given a specific tool that shows them what they are to do in their lives. Tink was given a tiny hammer, meaning that she was going to be a tinkering fairy. 

"Good morning Peter!"

"Top of the mornin' to ya laddie!" 

"Good morning Master Peter!"

"Heya Pete!"

"Howdy partner!"

"Watchadoin here ol' buddy?"

The little sparrowmen and petite fairy ladies twittered around my head as I watched them go about their daily jobs. 

"Hey guys!" I greeted, "I'm looking for some advice. Can anyone take me to see Mother Dove?"

"I can take you!" exclaimed a tiny brunette fairy, "My name is Chrysanthemum."

"Wow," I replied, "That's a mouth full."  

She giggled, "I know. My friends call me Cristy."

"Nice to meet you Cristy," I replied, "But you don't really expect to go to her looking like that now do you?"

"Why not?" I looked down at my leafy pants and dirty feet.

"Misty!" she called out, "Can you please wash Peter's face at least? He's going to see Mother Dove!"

Another fairy came fluttering over to us. She had black hair and was wearing a blue dress, "Oh my goodness! I'll have to do more than wash his face!"

She whistled and more fairies and sparrowmen came, all wearing the same blue color of the first.

"FIRE!"

Before I could say another word I was engulfed with a huge blast of water. It only lasted a couple of seconds before they stopped and I was left sputtering and sopping wet.

"Thanks guys!" Cristy called and the fairies left.

Then she called more fairies in. These were wearing purple outfits.

"Can we blow him dry?"

"You got it!"

"W-wait!"

FWOOSH!

I was blasted for a second time, this time with air and was nearly knocked straight off my feet.

"ALL RIGHT!" Cristy called, "HE'S DRY!"

The air stopped and I was left completely dry. I felt my entire body shaking as I patted down my hair and attempted to compose myself. My hands and feet were clean and dirt-free.

"Perfect!" the little fairy cheered. 

She's kinda cute, I thought to myself, She kinda reminds me of Jill.

Jill. The thought of her made my heart ache.

Okay, that's it. I need some advice and fast. 

Cristy led me to the top of Pixie Hollow. Everything was bright and airy there and you could look out and see everything for miles without end. 

I heard Mother Dove before I saw her.

Good morning young Peter, she greeted.

Mother Dove, as her name suggests, was a dove, as in a bird. She wasn't like the ordinary birds though, her feathers were pure white and her eyes sparkled a bright and wise blue. It is said that every year when Mother Dove molts the fairies grind her feathers into fairy dust and that is what gives them (and me) the ability to fly. She also cares for a tiny, glowing, magical, blue egg but I was never told what it was or why she cared for it so much. All that I knew was that it was very special and it could never be broken or else very bad things would happen to Neverland. I guess it was better that I didn't know.