Chapter 8~ Into Welcoming Arms

Jill's POV

We stayed with the Indians for a couple of days after we finally made peace. Princess Tiger Lilly introduced us to her father, Chief Strong Bear, and the rest of her family and we finally created an agreement. We would be friends and call each other if we were in trouble.

The Chief was very impressed with my skills in fighting and in storytelling. He said, "You have voice like bird that sings in spring and takes us on mighty adventure."

I slept in a tent with all of the lost boys all around me. The nights were getting colder so it was nice to have all of them to warm me up.

I was sleeping one night when someone shook me awake.

I looked up and rubbed my eyes lazily. A light blinked by my face and illuminated the face floating right above mine.

"Peter?"

"Jill," he whispered, "Are you awake?"

"I am now," I yawned, "What's going on?"

"I wanna show you something," he held out his hand, "Come on!"

I looked at all of the boys curled up and sprawled out around me, "Peter, I don't want to wake the boys..."

He grabbed the little light that was Tinkerbell and whispered something to her. Her little voice rang out in little defiant chimes but then she flew over to me and blew some golden dust in my face. I sneezed and she laughed at me.

"It's nice to hear you laugh Tink," I whispered to the little fairy, "It's very pretty."

Her glow turned a shade of light pink and she giggled.

Peter held his hand out to me again. "Just think happy thoughts," he whispered with a sideways smile on his face.

I didn't take my eyes off of his as I took his hand and we slowly began to drift upward. It was a strange feeling at first, being completely suspended in mid air, but It didn't last for long.

He pulled me through the door flap and we went out to find Princess Tiger Lilly and her family sitting around the fire. There were three young boys sitting next to an elderly woman and another girl who was Tiger Lilly's younger sister, Midnight Lilly. Unlike Tiger Lilly, she wasn't a warrior princess, instead she was quiet and gentle. Her voice was quiet and she was mild-mannored. She mostly stayed with the babies of the tribe and took care of them while their mothers worked.

"Join us by the fire," Tiger Lilly said, motioning towards a spot near the pit.

The chief looked at me with a smile on his face. He was a scary-looking man, with his battle-scarred, leathery, brown skin and his strong composure and muscular physique, but his eyes held a joyful glimmer and a kind twinkle that gave his youthful and humorous being away. He loved playing with the children and riding horses. When the younger kids pulled pranks, he scolded them in front of their parents and then secretly giggled with them afterwards. Sometimes he would take off his big Indian Chief headdress and put it on one of his sons to parade around in.

"Peter Pan and Jill," said the Princess, "We would like to invite you to join our tribe."

I turned to Peter and he nodded, "We accept."

"Then we shall seal the bond with the traditional smoke offering to the gods so they may bless this new companionship," announced the Chief.

The Chief's wife, Sparrows Singing, presented her husband with a long pipe and filled it with tobacco. The Chief lit it and then began smoking it while his wife began chanting. He blew three large smoke rings into the air and then passed it to his wife who smoked it and produced a small ring and passed it to Princess Tiger Lilly who blew a smaller smoke ring into the air and passed it to Midnight Lilly who blew another small ring.