Epilogue

Over the years, Peter  kept his promise. Time and again, he would visit her and she would tell  him stories of her life and all the new adventures that she had been on.

In return, Peter told  her about Neverland. The Indians made a pact with the Lost Boys to work  together and live in peace. Hook and what was left of his crew hid out  in the Black Castle and swore to take his revenge.

As the years passed by,  Peter's visits became less frequent, and little by little, no one  remembered her anymore. The Indians forgot about their good relations  with the Lost Boys and they went back to fighting. Hook  and his crew  found a new story teller and managed to build a new Jolly Roger and  everything went back to the  way it was.

Peter  forgot about  Jill, but some things still lingered with him and no  matter how  powerful the magic was, it couldn't completely erase  everything. His  heart was still light and free but it was fiercely  guarded and he  forgot what love was. He forgot kisses and compassion and romance.

Although  Jill had been  forgotten in Neverland, she was still remembered on  Earth. As she grew  older, she touched many hearts, becoming a big part  of the orphanages  in the community. She learned how to wear dresses and  walk like a  civilized lady, but she always retained her fiery spirit and her love of  storytelling.

Vincent was a natural at  banking and soon landed a stable job at an accounting firm. Three years  after they returned to earth, he asked Jill to marry him and she said  yes. They began their new life together and two years later they had  their first child, a little boy named Peter. Soon after, a baby girl  followed, which they lovingly named Lilly. They bought a boat and named it  the Neverland, and took their children out  sailing whenever they could.  She got to watch as Jax became an amazing  musician who performed in  opera houses around the world and Pudge grow up into a fine young man  with many children of  his own to his beautiful, loving wife. He never forgot to laugh and even in the darkest times, they depended on him for his light-hearted optimism and lightness of spirit.

Jill lived to a ripe old age and when her time finally came, withered and weary, she passed away peacefully, surrounded by her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

While Jill died, her stories never did. Her children passed  them down to their children, and their  children passed them on to their children and their children passed  those down to their children, all leading up to one calm evening in  London.

There he was, looking  through the windows of the Darling's nursery, gazing  upon the pretty,  energetic, charming Wendy. She carried a special shimmer in her  sparkling blue eyes, one that he had only seen in one person before  then.

She had two younger brothers, Michael and John, and she loved to tell them stories.

Peter Pan was listening  to an exciting tale of Cinderella when their gigantic  dog, Nana, chased  him away and his shadow got caught in the window.

And as this last chapter closes, a new story begins...

--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--

My dearest readers,

I want to thank you so much for all of your comments, votes, and messages. Red-Handed Jill has been a part of my life since I was sixteen and now that it's finally finished six years later, I can honestly say that I have loved every minute of working on this. I've grown so much as a writer and as I move on to bigger, brighter works, I hope hear from you again on my next great adventure.

Sending love from the second star to the right,

Your fellow reader and writer,

Laura Madison