XXXVI - KNOWING.

XXXVI - KNOWING.

Lorenzo's been a bit..suspicious of me lately. It's almost like he knows that I've been going to see Romelo..

I heard his footsteps as he walked in, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Hey baby," he kissed my cheek.

"Hey.."

"What you doing? Is this a snack for me?"

I rolled my eyes, looking at him over my shoulder. "Nope."

He pouted, and released me. "I don't think Ramiro would mind if I just took on-"

"Mine!"

Looking down, Ramiro appeared from between my legs, looking up at me. I smiled at him, his eyes glued to my hands. Ever since he's gotten ahold of walking, he's been all over the place. When we go out, he doesn't want me to hold his hand anymore, unless he takes my hand. He's just like his Daddy, wanting to be some big man.

I was making him a sandwich, which was the 2nd one since this morning. He has such a large appetite, just like Romelo.

"I can't have none?" Lorenzo asked him.

"All mine!" Ramiro shrieked.

"Well damn then," Lorenzo held his hands up, "have your food."

Ramiro jumped up, whining. This little boy doesn't want to hold my hand, but he wants to be all up under me, and around me all the time.

I paused putting the finishing touches on Ramiro's sandwich to pick him up. He grinned at me, and I tapped his nose. "Don't be grinning all because I picked you up."

I finished making Ramiro's sandwich, and he squirmed as I put him down, and handed him the paper plate. Before I knew it, he was gone, sitting on the couch, eating.

"We should go somewhere today. Like the park, or the mall."

I smiled, looking at Lorenzo.

"That's nice. It's a nice day outside too."

"So what do you say, around 2?"

I nodded, and Lorenzo kissed my forehead before walking out of the room.

We decided to go to the park and the mall. Lorenzo carried our bags, filled with new outfits for Ramiro and I. Lorenzo also bought Ramiro several toys, and "car" he can drive around the house. Ramiro simply had to have it when he saw it, as it was his favorite color, red. It was some type of muscle car, a Dodge Challenger.

It was a cute little thing, I had to admit, but I wouldn't drive a car like that. I was more into..classy types. But I guess boys will he boys..

Lorenzo and I sat at the bench, watching Ramiro play on the playground with the other children. Ramiro seemed to be something popular, all the little girls followed him up the slide, down the slide..they were like lost puppies.

Ramiro was having so much fun, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Hi Mommy!" He shrieked from the slide. He waved at me, and I waved back.

It was such a shame that Ramiro didn't get to play with kids his age often. He doesn't get out much, and I can tell it's taking a toll on him.

If I get out of here with Romelo and Ramiro, I'll make sure that Ramiro gets to play with children his own age. He should be in daycare, anyway..

"He seems to be having so much fun," Lorenzo smiled, looking at me.

I nodded, "Isn't he adorable?"

I turned my attention back to Ramiro, just in time to see him get pushed off the slide by another little boy. He landed on his knees, and started to cry, screaming for me.

Lorenzo and I literally flew off the bench, and I scooped Ramiro up. "Aw, my poor baby..that's okay, Mama's got you," I cooed, rubbing his back. He cried into my shoulder, and I patted his butt.

"Shh..shh, it's okay!"

Looking him over, Ramiro had skinned his knees in the fall. They weren't bleeding badly, but it did look like it hurt. I kissed his cheek, rubbing his back.

"I'm sorry for that, EJ doesn't play well with others, sometimes.."

Looking at the man standing in front of me, I gave him a soft smile. "It's fine..I understa-"

"The fuck is wrong with your son?!"

Lorenzo came into my view, pushing the man back.

"He pushed him off the slide! He could've busted his fucking head open!" Lorenzo growled. I touched his shoulder, but he shrugged my hand off.

"Lorenzo, he said he was-"

"I don't give a fuck! He could've killed Ramiro!"

Lorenzo grabbed the man's shirt, and I pulled Lorenzo away from him, before he got the cops called on us. "Stop fucking dragging me!"

Lorenzo yanked himself away from me, looking at me.

"You should've been at his throat-"

"Just get the bags, and let's go home, please?" I cut him off, not wanting to hear it.

Lorenzo was still upset with me for pulling him away from that man at the park.

"Shut up, Lorenzo!" I yelled, trying to take care of Ramiro's knees.

"All I'm saying is that if you were a good mother, you would've-"

I stood up, turning to him. "Don't you ever say that me," I growled at him, "that man apologized, you son of a bitch!"

I felt terrible for cursing like that in front of Ramiro, as Ramiro didn't need to hear that, and I didn't want him using that type of language. But Lorenzo was being a piece of shit, and since he wanted to call me a bad mother, he could sleep on his own tonight. I wasn't going to tolerate that; I understand that he was worried and angry, but that is no excuse.

I kneeled down to him again, kissing his bandaged knee. Ramiro was watching Lorenzo and I, and I made him look at me.

"Mommy's sorry that you have to hear that, okay baby? I don't want you using that language. It isn't okay."

Ramiro nodded, kicking his foot gently. I cleaned up his other knee, and placed a bandage on it.

"There you go, baby."

He hugged me, and I rubbed his back.

It was time for Ramiro to go to bed, and and I got him ready. As soon as his head hit that pillow, he was out like a light.

I got myself ready for bed, slipping my shorts on.

Suddenly, the door opened, Lorenzo standing in the doorway.

I swallowed hard, Lorenzo slamming the door behind himself. He pushed me against the wall, pinning me against it. He pressed himself against me, grinding himself against my butt. He was fully hard, and I didn't like the queasy feeling in my stomach.

I whimpered, biting my lip.

"L-Lorenzo.." I whispered.

"You ain't gon' talk like that to me in front of him."

"I-I'm sorry-"

"Shut the fuck up."

I closed my mouth like he said, pressing my lips together.

My heart pounded in my chest, and Lorenzo planted soft kisses on my neck, biting down on my skin.

"Don't think I don't know what you've been doing at night," he chuckled, one of his hands trailing up my shirt.

I didn't dare say anything.

I knew that he knew..

Nothing could slip past him..

"You think I don't notice you getting up?" He growled, "You think I'm fucking dumb?"

I could feel tears sting my eyes. I was honestly very afraid of Lorenzo; I didn't want to see him angry.

"Listen here, Aaliyah," he pulled my ponytail down, lifting my head up. I could feel his breath on my ear, and he chuckled once more.

"If you try anything to free Romelo," he snarled, "I'll rape you right in front of him, and make you watch as I murder him, and Ramiro. Do you understand me?"

Hot tears fell down my cheeks, and I nodded, over and over.

He turned me around, smiling.

"I love you, Princess."