VII - HANDS

VII - HANDS

"H-Husband?" Daddy stuttered.

I nodded, holding my left hand out. "See? My ring..it's pretty, right?"

Daddy looked down, then back at me. "You love my daughter, Romelo?"

I felt Romelo's hand on my butt, and his breath down my neck. "Of course..she's my world."

I put a fake smile on, and Romelo kissed my cheek.

"Well if you're happy with him.." Daddy trailed off.

"I guess I can be happy for you too," he smiled.

"That's great," Romelo sighed in relief.

"Well come on, let's talk!"

Romelo and I sat back down on the couch, and Mom came over to him.

"Dear, do you want anything? Cake, cupcakes, coffee?"

I squeezed Romelo's hand, letting him know to take the offering. He grinned, "I'll take some cake, please."

Mom disappeared into the kitchen, soon coming back with a slice of chocolate cake. Romelo took it out of her hands, beginning to eat. My parents started to interrogate us, asking us how we met, when did we know that we were in "love".

"Romelo," Daddy started, "I have to ask..why are you wearing that eyepatch?"

Romelo started choking, and being the lovely "wife" that I was, I patted his back, rubbing in circles.

"Uh..I got uh.."

"Romelo got burned, poor thing," I frowned, saving him.

Daddy frowned, "I'm sorry to hear that."

"I'm fine," Romelo chuckled, "All I have to do is- Aaliyah, grab your jacket."

Looking at Romelo, he looked straight ahead, not even bothering to look at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Go get your jacket, now."

Getting my jacket, I looked at my parents. They were just as confused as I was, and my mother stood up. "Where are you going?"

"We can't say, but we have to go." Romelo growled.

Romelo literally pushed me out the door, and to the car.

"Get in the fucking car."

I did as he said, watching him look around nervously. He got in the car, speeding down the road.

"What's wrong? What happen-"

"Him. That son of a bitch saw us!" Romelo growled. My eyes widened, "Are you serious?"

"Would I fucking lie about seeing him? I don't think so." He side-eyed me.

"What are we going to do?" I asked him, looking at him.

"We're gonna have to leave the state, country even. Somewhere where he can't get you."

I shook my head, "Romelo we can't! My fa-"

He suddenly stopped the car, and I jerked forward.

"I don't give a fuck about your family! I'm trying to protect you! So we're going to leave, and I don't want to hear shit about it!"

And so we left.

Fleeing to Italy, I was now even further away from my old life.

Like I was ever going to get back to normal.

Looking around my new room, I sighed. It was complete change from my old room, this room looking as if it came straight out of a fairytale. Varying pastel colors were around the room, complementing each other nicely.

A plasma tv hung from the wall, adjacent from the bed.

The door opened, and I turned my attention to the person entering.

Romelo came into view, shirtless. He was sweaty, and he must've been exercising, as he was holding a dumbbell in his hand.

"I decided to tell you why you're with me."

He put the dumbbell down the floor, sitting on the bed. "What do you want to hear first?"

I shrugged, and he smirked.

"Okay," he started, "let's start with who this him is."

(AN: I know I be killing yall with these 1 page chapters :/ I honestly be thinking that I'm writing more  than that.)