p r e f a c e - chills

I had convinced myself that I was being watched.

It was as if I could almost feel it, day after day, night after night.

I didn't feel safe at all.

I had often wondered who- or what- had taken such an interest in me, enough that they had to stalk me. Was it somebody close to me? Could it be a co-worker; that man standing at the bus stop?

It was almost as if they got some sick thrill, getting their rocks off watching me look over my shoulder, knowing that they're causing me paranoia.

"In other news, another woman has gone missing. Police say she was last seen at the Shell gas station on Castion Road, and was last seen talking to a man in a black hoodie.If you have anymore details on the where abouts of Georgia Sanchez, call the Genovia Police Department.."

I felt chills go up and down my spine.

Georgia Sanchez's picture came up on the screen, and I swear, it made me sick to my stomach.

That was the thrid kidnapping this month, ad it made me even more paranoid about my current situation.

I could feel something behind me.

Turning down the volume, I started to hear faint breathing. My heart pounded in my chest as I placed the remote down, swallowing the lump in my throat. Turning around slowly, I could almost hear my heart, and it threatened to jump out of my chest.

He was standing behind me.

And I never even had a chance to scream.