XXXII - MY BROTHER.

XXXII - MY BROTHER.

We went to Lorenzo's office, and I sat on his desk.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything from the start."

I wanted to know why Romelo would lie to me, why he would want to kill me, everything. So I listened to him, tell me everything that I asked about.

I was Romelo's next victim. Those other girls he had been "protecting", died at his hands. He didn't make them leave..he murdered them..

He had an thirst for blood, and murdering someone gave him an adrenaline rush. The only reason he carried on a lie for so long was so I could trust him, and depend on him. I had fallen in love with him...and he used that against me..

Romelo had never loved me..

I had started to cry, and Lorenzo took my hands. "Please don't cry.."

"I loved him! Why would he do that to me?!" I sniffed.

Lorenzo wiped my tears, but I continued to cry. "C'mon now..please don't cry.."

He made me stand up, and I hugged him, crying into his chest. I gripped his shirt, and he rubbed my back, placing his head over mine.

I couldn't exactly describe how I felt.

I was saddened, angry, confused.

I felt like my heart was broken into a million pieces.

"Come on Aaliyah..you're sleeping with me tonight."

Lorenzo lifted me up, walking out of his office and into his bedroom. His bedroom was gorgeous, deep blue walls, his cherrywood dresser and nightstands going along perfectly with his blue velvet sheets.

Lorenzo laid me on the bed, and I sat up on my elbows, looking at him. "I-I like y-your room.." I sniffed.

"Thank you, Princess."

I watched him rummage through his dresser, and he pulled out a white, short sleeve shirt. "You can sleep in this."

I started to take the shirt from him, but he objected.

"I'll do it."

He eased the lounge pants off of my legs, and my shirt over my head. He helped me slip his shirt over my head, and kissed my forehead.

He stared into my eyes, his hands on my thighs. I bit my lip, and looked away from his gaze. I felt his warm lips close to mine, and he pulled away, patting my thigh.

"Goodnight."

I climbed under the sheets, Lorenzo climbing under as well. He shut off the light, and pulled me in close to him.

I felt comfortable, warm..

Lorenzo slipped his arm around my waist, and before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

My eyes fluttered open to the sounds of Ramiro crying. I sat up, Lorenzo's arm falling from my waist. I pushed the covers aside, going to Ramiro's room.

I picked Ramiro up, and patted his back. "Ooh baby, you need a changing!"

I ran him a warm bath, and took off his pajamas. I sat him down in the water, and began to wash him. Ramiro splashed around the water, and I took the shampoo, placing it in his hair.

Usually Romelo and I would bathe Ramiro together, Romelo washing one side of him, and I'd wash the other. Ramiro always enjoyed his bath time.

I didn't know who to believe.

Part of me wanted to believe Lorenzo, but my heart believed Romelo. Romelo's stolen my heart, and it doesn't seem like he would do this to me. Romelo said it himself..he loves me..

I just wish I had someway of knowing who was lying to me and who wasn't, and which one of them was the bad twin..

All I knew was that I wanted Romelo back. I wanted to feel his strong arms around my waist, holding me close. I missed his warm hugs and kisses, and most of all the way all of us were a family.

"Mommy!"

Zoning back in, Ramiro had a huge smile on his face, and I noticed that all the water in the tub was drained out.

"Did you drain the tub, little boy?"

He nodded.

I picked him up, and grabbed a green towel to dry him off.

He nuzzled into me, and I dried his hair. Pretty soon, I was going to have to start braiding his hair...it's all over the place.

Looking in the mirror at us, I softly smiled.

"Mommy?"

I looked down at him, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, baby?"

"Where Daddy?"

Was I loosing my mind?

Yes, I fucking was.

I couldn't get the image out of my head of Lorenzo touching her, reading my son books, teaching him..

I didn't like the thought of Lorenzo having what was rightfully mine, having my family..

The simple thought of it sent me into a rage.

I couldn't take it.

I stared at the blueprint of Lorenzo's house, looking over every room.

"Aaliyah's room is probably right there," I mumbled, marking her room.

"If Aaliyah's room is right there, Ramiro's room must be either right here, or one over," I marked Ramiro's possible rooms.

"Master Romelo."

Charles interrupted my thoughts, and I looked back at him.

"If Miss Aaliyah's room is right there, Lorenzo would need to keep track of her, hm? Then his room would either be up the hall, where if she needed him, he would be right there by her side."

I nodded.

Marking Lorenzo's room, I bit my lip.

"What else do we have to take in consideration?" Charles asked, taking a seat at the table.

I snapped my fingers, standing up.

"If he has Aaliyah, he must have people on patrol, and we have to include his workers."

"But it's holiday season, Romelo."

"That doesn't mean a damn thing."

"So what do you want me to do, Romelo?"

"Get me my guns, Charles. I'm going to save my family."

Later that night, I had taken my flight. I was dressed in all black, as I didn't need any possible threats to my plan. I was going to get in, get Aaliyah and Ramiro, and get out.

I didn't want to see Lorenzo.

Sneaking inside of his house, I pulled my pistol out, noticing that it was too quiet. There was nobody on patrol outside, and surprisingly, there was no one on duty inside. Not a single maid or butler in sight.

I crept up the stairs, careful not to make any noise.

I checked the rooms on the floor, looking into the unlocked rooms. Like I expected, Ramiro's room was one room over from Aaliyah's, who was sleeping soundly.

"You think I'd let you get them that easily?"

I turned around, coming face to face with my dear brother.

"Big brother..you're something else, hm?"

I clenched my jaw. "She'll never be yours."

"Oh really? She knows the truth about you, Romelo. She knows everything.."

I pulled out my gun, pointing it in his face.

"You ain't cut out to kill me, big brother. I'm your own flesh and blood.."

"Shut the fuck up."

Lorenzo pulled out a knife.

Before I knew it, we were fighting, and he had me on the ground. He held the knife in his hand, trying to force it into me. I managed to roll us over, and I punched him in the nose, repeatedly.

"You fucking bastard," he hissed.

I got up, walking backwards towards the stairs. Lorenzo tackled me, and we fell, landing at the bottom of the steps. Lorenzo plunged the knife into my shoulder, twisting it around in my wound. I hissed from the pain, and pushed him off, pulling the knife out of my arm. I tossed it somewhere else, and we stared each other down.

"I've always hated you," he spat.

"The feeling has always been mutual."

"Aaliyah's mine, and there ain't shit you can do about it."

"Just watch," I grinned.

I punched Lorenzo in the face, and he grabbed my arm, turning me around as he put me in a chokehold. He slammed my head against the counter top, and I swear that I heard my nose crack.

My left arm was going numb from the wound, and I had a searing headache.

"Aaliyah's mine. I'll make her love me, no matter what."

I could feel my consciousness slipping away, and against my will, I'm simply gave up.

It was blur as I was dragged to the basement, and tied to a chair.

I could feel my blood trickling down the side of my head.

Lorenzo stood in front of me, smiling.

"I don't know what you thought was going to happen, big brother."

He paced, back and forth, the knife from earlier in his hand. He looked at it, and then at me, stepping close to me.

"I'll make you pay for all those years, Romelo..I'll make you pay."

He kneeled down, that smug smile still on his face.

"And I'll think I'll start..right here.."

He plunged the knife into my thigh, and I screamed in pain. He pulled it out, doing it again, and again.

"I'll bring you so close to death that you'll be able to taste it. But I won't let you die, no..that's too nice..I'll make sure to hurt you where it'll hurt the most. I'll think I'll begin with Aaliyah."

"D-Don't you to-touch her.." I grumbled.

Lorenzo grinned.

"But soon enough, this touch will be all she wants.."

(AN: Uh oh..what do you think Lorenzo means by that?)