XXI - MONTHS.

XXI - MONTHS.

Romelo had a doctor come to the house, and she told me that I was a month along. But that was some time ago, and now I'm 3 months along.

Romelo's been crazy, running around and buying baby toys, clothes, and diapers. I told him that he didn't need to buy all of that, but he insisted on it.

I was starting to show, maybe a bit more than average?

But it was easily hidden by a simple t-shirt.

Today, we were finding out what our baby's gender was.

Romelo was pacing back and forth, while I was calm and collected.

"What do you think it is?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I think it's a boy. It feels like a boy."

Romelo sighed, and finally sat down next to me. "I can't believe that there could be a little me, in you!"

I smiled, "Let's pray that our baby isn't born with that eyepatch."

He rolled his eyes, "Uh huh, you think you're so funny."

I kissed his cheek, giggling.

The doctor came out, with a happy expression. "Good news, you two!"

Romelo took my hand, squeezing it.

"The tests went excellent! Your little baby boy is healthy!"

I beamed. Romelo's head fell into my lap, and the doctor looked a bit worried. I rubbed Romelo's cheek, and he sighed.

"I think he wanted a baby girl," I chuckled. Romelo groaned, and I rubbed his back. "I know, you wanted a little girl, but I'm pretty sure you wanted a boy."

"Oh hush.." He mumbled.

I sat in Romelo's lap, looking at baby clothes for our little boy. I was looking at several different websites, while Romelo was on his phone, looking at baby items as well.

"Hey baby, look at-"

Romelo and I looked at each other, and I looked at his phone.

We were looking at the exact same thing, and I couldn't help but crack a smile. He kissed my cheek, and rubbed my thigh.

"I'm hungry.." I mumbled, starting to get up.

"Let me get the food for you baby..you just keep looking at things for our boy."

I nodded, and I took Romelo's spot in the chair.

Lately, he's been as sweet as can be. He's wanting me to "take it easy", and he's been even more protective of me. I've barely been lifting a finger. Sooner than I expected, Romelo was back in the room, holding a plate with a sandwich on it.

"Here you go, baby."

Romelo placed the plate down, and I took a bite out of it, standing up so I could sit back in Romelo's lap.

"Okay, so I was thinking..I want a stroller. Calvin's going to love-"

"Calvin? Who said we were going to name our baby Calvin?"

I smiled, taking one of Romelo's large hands. "I did!"

"Uh uh..we ain't naming him Calvin."

I pouted, and he frowned. "But Romelo.."

"Calvin August? You really think that's cute?" He rolled his eyes. I nodded. "He'll look just like you..same nose, cheeks..smile.."

A little boy that looked just like Romelo would be adorable. I can already imagine him copying him, and trying to be just like him.

"Don't try to butter me up," a small grin poked at his lips.

"You like that idea, don't you?" I teased, caressing his face, "You want him to follow behind you, don't you? Your own little twin."

Romelo seemed to freeze up, and I raised an eyebrow. "What's wrong, baby?"

He looked like he had zoned out, and then I snapped my fingers, getting his attention.

"H-Huh?"

I sighed, "I asked you, what was wrong. You just..zoned out on me there.."

Romelo shook his head, and smiled.

"I'm just thinking about how cute our baby will be."