VIII - CLOSER TO YOU.

He told me everything.

From why he kidnapped me, all the way to who this him was.

This him was a man named Lorenzo, but he wouldn't tell me what Lorenzo looked like. He told me that they used to work together, in some cartel, and that they went far back, and that they had been friends since they were kids, but Lorenzo had suddenly disappeared, after trying to kill Romelo.

Lorenzo was the reason why Romelo had to wear that eyepatch, but Romelo wouldn't let me see what damage Lorenzo had done.

If Lorenzo was anything like Romelo, I had a feeling I would be terrified around him.

Romelo told me that Lorenzo had it out for him, but that he's been stalking me for a while. He has some sick twisted fantasy about me being his, and all the things he could do to me.

That made me feel sick.

"Then why..why are we married?"

Romelo grinned.

"Remember, it was a deal. You wanted to see your parents, I wanted to marry you."

I bit my lip.

"Plus," he took my hand, "I think you're gorgeous."

I swear, I turned as bright as a tomato.

He smiled, and let my hand go. "I'll come and check on you later."

Romelo picked up his dumbbell as he left the room, and I sighed softly, relaxing back on the bed.

Something didn't feel right.

I couldn't pinpoint what, but something was off.

I felt like someone or something was in my room, watching, waiting..

Grabbing a pillow off my bed, I made my way across the hardwood floor to the door. I opened my bedroom door quietly, peeking out into the dark hallway.

"Miss Aaliyah?"

Charles, Romelo's butler nearly gave me a heart attack. He gave me a soft smile, and I sighed, closing the door behind me.

"Do you know where Romelo is?"

He nodded, "I'll show you to his room."

Charles showed me to Romelo's room, and he knocked on the door twice. "Master August?"

Romelo opened the door, looking at Charles and I. "What's up?"

"Miss Aaliyah needed to see you."

Charles walked away, and I looked at Romelo. Once again, he was shirtless, in a pair of black sweats. He gave me a soft smile, and looked me up and down.

"What's with the pillow?" He asked.

I bit my lip, looking down and then back up at him, "I came to ask...mm.."

I shuffled my feet, beginning to bite the inside of my cheek. "I uh..uh.."

"You want to sleep with me tonight, hm?"

I slowly nodded.

Romelo smiled, standing aside. "Come on in."

Walking into his room, I looked around. It was very obvious that his favorite colors were black and blue, judging from the deep blue walls and black bed sheets.

The baby pink pillow I was holding was very out of place.

"Come on, get in bed."

I looked at Romelo, who was climbing into bed. I placed my pillow on the couch, noticing that he already had enough pillows. I climbed onto the bed, pulling the sheets over myself.

Resting my head on the pillow, I felt Romelo pull me close to him.

He was...warm.

I turned around into him, snuggling up. He pulled me even closer, and rested his head on top of mine, kissing the top of my head.

"Good night.." I yawned.

"Sweet dreams, Princess."

(AN: Awwww :3 Aaliyah and Romelo are bonding :) do you think that what Romelo told her about "him" was true?)