VI - SIMPLE

VI - SIMPLE

I was excited about visiting my family.

Romelo told me that we would go later on today, and I was almost bouncing off the walls.

Since he was letting me see them, I decided to be nice and make breakfast for him this morning. Putting the sausage onto the plate, I decided to give him three pieces. I placed some eggs on the plate, and grabbed a fork. I turned off the stove, and started off on my little journey to find him.

I soon found his bedroom, and pushed the door open gently. Romelo was in bed, his face buried into the pillow. I placed the plate on the nightstand, and shook him gently.

"Romelo.."

He groaned, ignoring me.

"Romelo..Romelo wake up.."

I felt his hand against my stomach, and he pushed me away. I watched him as he sat up, his eyes closed. Romelo felt around under his pillow, pulling out his black eyepatch. He slipped it on, and opened his right eye, giving me a soft smile.

"Morning," he yawned.

"Good morning!" I smiled.

"What do I owe this special visit for?"

I bit my lip, "I decided to be nice and make you breakfast. I get to see my parents today!"

Romelo frowned, "Aaliyah.."

I sighed, "Please don't say we can't go.."

"No, no!" He took my hands, pulling me towards him. "I just don't want you to get your hopes up. You can't stay.."

I knew that.

I had a feeling that if I tried to stay, Romelo would break my legs so I couldn't go anywhere.

I nodded, "I know.."

He caressed my face, bringing my face to him. Romelo pecked my lips, but lingered, running his tongue along my bottom lip. He tugged on it, and pulled away, holding my hand tightly.

"Good. Now go get ready." He smiled, standing up, "There's a little surprise for you."

I twirled around, looking at myself in the mirror. When Romelo said he knew everything, I didn't expect for him to know what exact size I wore in dresses.

I was wearing a floral maxi dress, admiring how cute it was.

"You ready?"

Hearing Romelo at the door, I went to go open it. He stared at me, and I bit my lip.

"What? Is there something wrong?"

He shook his head, and seemed to snap back into reality. "Y-You..uh..aren't you gonna put your ring on?" He questioned.

I smiled, "I almost forgot!"

Getting the ring out of the blue velvet box, I slipped it on, returning to the door. "Okay, I'm ready!"

Taking my time going down the stairs, I followed after Romelo. I followed him down a hallway, and watched him as he unlocked a door, standing aside.

"Pick a car."

Stepping into his garage, I was shocked.

Romelo had a set of cars for each color of the rainbow! They were lined up on the wall, and I bit my lip.

Choosing a dark blue Audi, and Romelo cracked a grin.

"Let's go then."

Romelo could barely pull up in the driveway before I darted out of the car, almost falling in my heels.

I rang the doorbell several times, before I heard my mother's voice.

"I'm coming, dear lord!"

She opened the door, and clutched her chest.

"Mommy!"

I hugged her, and I could tell that she was crying. I rubbed her back, starting to cry too.

"We have to call everybody! My little girl is alright-"

"I'm afraid that you can't do that."

Turning around, Romelo stood behind me. I felt his hand on my hip, and he flashed my mom a sweet smile.

"Who are you?" She asked, grabbing ahold of my arm.

Romelo took my hand, showing the ring to her.

She gasped. "You went and got married?!"

I bit my lip, "Not exactly..can we come in?"

She let us in, looking Romelo up and down. I sat down on the couch, and Romelo sat down next to me.

"Where's Daddy?" I asked her.

"At work. He should be ho-"

"I'm home- Li-Li!"

Daddy walked in, and dropped his toolbox. He literally picked me up, swinging me around. "I can't believe you're home! Wait..who's this?"

He put me down, glaring at Romelo. I kind of expected that.

Daddy had never liked any boy I brought home, and Romelo wasn't the spitting image of perfect- that eyepatch proved it all.

"This is Romelo..he's my husband.."