XIV - TERRELL. PT. 2

Everything was alright with the house, so I came back early.

I decided to go pick up Aaliyah, cause I know that she's been giving Terrell a hard time. Plus..I kind of missed her. Not having her to annoy me made my trip boring. I mean, we were married, and I haven't been away from her for more than four hours.

And I couldn't wait to show her the new house. I added something she might like, it depends on her, though.

I had started to pull up to Terrell's house, when I noticed several cars outside.

This ain't right..

Hearing gunshots go off, I slammed my hands against the steering wheel.

"Fuck..fuck..fuck!"

I knew some shit would go down when I left Aaliyah with him..

Terrell always had shit catching up with him, even when we were teenagers. I didn't think it would finally explode when I asked him to watch Aaliyah.

Grabbing my knife from under the seat, I parked my car on the other side of the street, and snuck into the house, jumping over the fence. Upon entering, another round of gunshots came from somewhere upstairs.

They had torn up Terrell's house, several bullet holes in every wall I passed by. Then shot up his lights, a lamp hanging on by its little strip of cord. I could hear somebody talking at the end of the hall, and I took a deep breath.

Sneaking up behind the unsuspecting man, I covered his mouth with my hand, slicing his throat across. He gurgled, and I let him drop to the floor, his hands reaching at his neck as he took his last breath.

I noticed that he was wearing body armor, and I pulled the heavy armor off, slipping it on. I pulled his gun out his lifeless hands, looking it over.

I had only 15 rounds in the magazine clip..

Taking a deep breath, I knew what this meant.

I needed to be in and out, find Aaliyah and Terrell, and know what happened.

And I had to be stealthy about it too.

I proceeded through Terrell's house, peeking around corners.

"Terrell, oh boy..where's my money?"

I knew that voice anywhere.

Michael Sanders. He was a well-known drug dealer, and Terrell used to work for him.

Terrell also scammed him out of over a million dollars.

Terrell never really knew how to be sneaky about it, and now his ass is paying for it, and if they haven't already got him, he'll be paying for it with his life.

That didn't mean that Aaliyah had to, though.

Michael turned down the corner, and I moved into the hallway, knocking on doors.

"Aaliyah? Terrell?" I called out their names, my voice quivering.

I was sweating, and it was trickling down into my eyes. I wiped my forehead, taking another deep breath.

"Terr-"

Suddenly a shot flew past my ear, hitting a man coming towards me from the hall. I immediately froze up, watching the injured man simply drop dead from the headshot.

"You trying to get your ass killed, Romelo?"

I turned around, to see Terrell.

"You aight?" He asked.

I nodded, "You almost gave me a heart attack, bruh."

Terrell adjusted the Uzi in his hand, sighing. "Fuck you doing back so damn-"

"Boss, he's in-"

I fired a round, this time at the man behind Terrell. He dropped dead like the other man, from the same injury.

"Where's Aaliyah?" I asked.

He frowned, "I..don't know..I heard her scream, but that was way back when Michael's men busted in..I went to see if she had gotten away, but one of them must've gotten ahold of her.."

I growled, and I could feel my blood boil. I wasn't mad at Terrell, I was mad at the possibly that one of Michael's grimy fucks could've gotten to her.

"Ro, you-"

I put my hand up.

"We have to find Aaliyah. Then I wanna be the one to put a bullet between Michael's eyebrows."

Terrell smirked, and fired a random shot into the ceiling.

"He won't know what hit em."

We did our handshake, and headed off.

Shooting up a group of men, Terrell and I watched as they dropped to the floor, dead.

Terrell and I had stocked up on ammo and supplies, and we were using it to our best ability.

"The boss wants me to get em!" I heard one of them scream.

Word must've got around that Terrell and I had killed several groups of Michael's men, as now they were changing tactics, just like Terrell and I.

Adrenaline pumped through my veins, circulating through my body.

"While you go look for Aaliyah, I'll cover you."

I nodded, and went on up the hall.

I knocked on doors, calling out Aaliyah's name. I came to a door that was locked, and I busted it open with my shoulder. I heard a scream, and I stopped.

"Aaliyah?"

"R-Romelo!"

Spotting Aaliyah in the corner, I dropped everything, kneeling down to her. She was trembling, and her shirt was torn, exposing her stomach. She was bleeding from her head, and her arms and legs were bruised. I hugged her, wrapping my arms around her slender waist.

"You okay baby?" I questioned, feeling her hug me tightly, as if I was her lifeline and had rescued her from this nightmare.

She shook her head, gripping my short curls. "I-I'm so-sorry!" She cried. I kissed her cheek, "What did they do to you?"

Aaliyah didn't respond, only starting to sob on my shirt.

I growled, and picked her up. "Don't worry, Aaliyah..I'll make them pay."

They had went too far. Aaliyah was innocent in all of this, and I didn't want to say or believe what they might have done to her. Coming out of the room, Terrell's eyes widened at her condition.

"Hell no.." He mumbled.

"Come on, let's get out of-"

"No, no," Terrell stopped me, holding his hand out. "You need to get her out of here with her. You're the only person she's got..if you die, it's over for her."

"But what abou-"

"Don't worry about me," he interrupted me once more. "Get out of the house. If I make it out of here, I'll contact you. But Aaliyah is important, here."

I nodded.

"You take care of yourself, aight?"

Terrell nodded, and we parted our separate ways.

I managed to get outside with Aaliyah, occasionally asking her if she was okay. She wouldn't answer me though, and that had me worried.

I had laid her in the backseat, and covered her with my jacket. I fixed the mirror so I could see her a bit, and she was fast asleep, her cheeks stained with tears.

I sighed, and returned my attention to the road.

"I'm sorry, Aaliyah.." I whispered, "I'll make it better..I promise."