XXXIII - NEEDS.

XXXIII - NEEDS.

Hearing all the commotion, I got out of bed, going to inspect it.

"Lorenzo?" I called.

I checked on Ramiro before continuing, and he was still sound asleep. He could sleep through almost anything..

"Fuck!"

Items in the hallway were broken, and blood was on the carpet. I went down the stairs, walking right into Lorenzo.

"What are you doing up?" He asked me, taking my hand.

"I-I heard what was going on and I got scared.." I mumbled.

Lorenzo kissed my forehead, and I looked him over. "You're bleeding..what happened?"

He shook his head, "I was sleepwalking..I guess..I knocked over some stuff.."

I sat him down, getting a cotton ball and the peroxide to clean his bloody nose and busted lip. He held my hips as I did so, his green eyes watching me intently.

"You're so gentle with this.."

I smiled, "I have a son who likes to run into stuff. I have to be gentle with him.."

I cleaned him up, and rid his hand of the blood.

"Are you sure everything's okay?" I asked, biting my lip. He nodded in response, giving me a smile.

"You just go on back to bed. Everything's fine."

I nodded, and started to go up the stairs. I looked over my shoulder, and Lorenzo was staring at me.

"Goodnight.." I smiled.

When two, full months had passed, I had concluded that Romelo wasn't coming for me, or Ramiro.

That had broken my heart.

I had to find other ways of keeping myself together, but I couldn't help but cry every time I looked at Ramiro. He looks so much Romelo..that it actually hurts.

I didn't want to believe Lorenzo, honestly, I didn't...but if it wasn't true..wouldn't Romelo have came and rescued me?

"Mama.."

Looking at Ramiro, I sighed.

"Why you cry?" He asked, frowning.

I shook my head, "It's nothing, baby.."

He went over and rummaged around in his toy box, pulling out a stethoscope. He brought it over to me, placing it over my heart.

"Mommy has boo-boo...in here."

I burst into tears.

Ramiro hugged me, and I hugged him back. "I sorry Mommy!"

I looked at him, and he was crying as well.

I wiped his tears, and his little hands wiped mine.

I kissed the top of his head, smoothing out his hair. "Mommy loves you, baby.."

"I love Mommy."

Ramiro wanted to take a nap with me, but I couldn't sleep. I kissed Ramiro's forehead, rubbing his stomach. He moved his feet, turning into me. I rubbed his back, and Ramiro stared to snore a bit.

"Can I join this family nap?"

Looking towards the doorway, Lorenzo leaning against the frame. I softly smiled, and Lorenzo entered the room, climbing on the bed, opposite of Ramiro. Ramiro rolled into him, and he chuckled, but frowned at me.