Grown Love 28- In The Hospital

Chapter 28

JOEY

Khaliana groaned as I took her out the car.

"This hurts so much. Hurts more than I remember," She cried.

"That's because you weren't pregnant," I said then rushed into the hospital.

Nurses saw her and took her right away. A doctor came up to me.

"Fill these files. What happened to Khaliana?" he asked.

"She got shot," I replied.

"She's pregnant. Where did she get shot?" he asked again.

I squinted my eyes at him.

"Um, and you are?" I asked.

"Doctor Pierce. Her uncle from her father's side. Call me Trell," He introduced.

As I stared at him, he stared back with an intensity that also belonged to Mr. Pierce, Khaliana's father. I studied him more, tall, strong structure and held authority.

"Well, I am Joey, one of her best friends and she got shot in her side during an altercation between some other people," I told him.

"Where's Trey?" he asked.

"He was sorting out some things and asked me to take her, he should be here any time soon," I replied.

"Okay, look, just fill out those and I will go check on her and come back with any news." He ran off.

I sat and filled out the forms in hope Khaliana and the baby was okay.

SHAUN

I came back to where Trey was supposed to be. There, I saw him on the ground with Raquan over him with a gun. As I pulled the trigger, he also did, firing three shots and fired all of my bullets into him from behind but at the same time a next round of shots were fired at him also.

"SH'T!" Trey exclaimed, holding his stomach and trying to hold his arm at the same time.

Raquan fell. Dead. Infront of Trey laid Dequan, holding his stomach. I rushed over to Trey and held his arm. He got shot in the arm and stomach

"Yo' man stay with me and don't you dare close your damn eyes!" I demanded.

Michael came in and stepped over Raquan, smiling triumphantly until he saw Trey. He rushed over and then he noticed Dequan.

"Yo' bring Dequan and I'll bring Trey. We have got to get to the hospital quick. We can't lose any one of them," I said.

We rushed to the car and Michael took the wheel.

We reached the hospital in less than 10 minutes because Michael pressed that gas. We rushed out and went inside. The nurses and doctors rushed over immediately taking them, giving us forms to fill out. I ain't know sh't about Dequan's ass. He's just gonna stay unrecorded. I don't know what he has been up to in these days, if his name is still legally Dequan. I filled out Trey's form and waited. I saw Joey turn the corner. I got up to meet him.

"What's the news?" I asked.

"I have no news yet. Where's Trey?" he asked.

"Man, he got shot. I don't think he really is going to make it but like we already lost one. Raquan's dead and Dequan practically saved his life, he got shot too. Michael and I just brought him in." I sighed.

Khaliana might lose her baby, Jason's dead and Trey might die. We can't lose so much.

"Damn. We need to call the others and let them get to the hospital," Joey said then walked off to call the others.