Grown Love 21

Chapter 21

KHALIANA

  I was laying down on the couch, about to fall asleep.

"Khaliana?" Trey called.

I didn't answer because I was tired.

"Khal!" He called again.

He kept calling. I got so frustrated.

"What, Trey? What?" I yelled.

"Damn, just wondering if you want anything at the store," He said, coming down the stairs.

"So, you couldn't just tell me when you came down here?" I glared at him.

"I was trying to figure out which section of the house you were!" He defended.

"Food, a lot of food. Cereal too. A lot of cereal. My box of Fruity Puffs is finished," I almost cried thinking of my finished cereal.

"You are the one eating out the damn cereals and leaving all that milk. At least drink the f'kn milk Khaliana. Go to sleep, I will be back and with your cereals." He kissed me and left.

     ......

My sleep was interrupted by a rapid knocking on the door. I ignored it and went back to sleep. Drew came down,

"Khaliana didn't you hear the door?" He grumbled.

"Yes," I said, drifiting back to sleep.

"So why didn't you answer it?" he asked before he opened the door.

"I was sleeping," I said then closed my eyes.

"Man! Where's Trey?" I heard Joey's voice.

I groaned and got up.

"I don't know," Drew voiced.

"He went to the store," I said, rubbing the sleep out my eyes.

"I am tired of Raquan. I am tired of this stupid game. I am losing it. I can't take everyday going about, have to be watching my back. I have to be watching my kid because his life is threatened!" Joey snapped.

"Wait, hol' up what happened?" Drew asked.

Martina and Marioe sat beside me. Marioe cuddled up with me, as usual. He always cuddles with me ever since he was just one year old. However, this cuddling now seemed as if, he was hanging on to me for dear life. He was afraid.

"Marioe could've died today, bullets flew through my window at him. If Martina never grabbed him in time, God knows what would've happened!" Joey snapped again.

It was only rare that Joey snapped. He was somewhat like Trey. They are calm. They accept things but don't get them ticked off. Only thing, Joey is more quiet.

"What?" I exclaimed, making my hold on Marioe tighter.

Everyone was silent.

"You know what I realized, Trey and Khaliana haven't been targeted at all. At all! I can't understand how Trey was the one who killed their dumbass father and Khaliana is the next thing closest to them. I don't understand how our kids have to be on death sentence while you guys are here quite fine!" Martina snapped.

I froze. Marioe loosened his grip on me.

"That's true," Joey said as if something dawned on him.

"If Trey never killed the stupid man in the first place we wouldn't be in this sh't," Martina said.

So she was gonna start blaming all this on Trey.