Grown Love 12

Chapter 12

DREW

    I cannot believe Kenya will go to these extremes.

"Kenya, back up." Khaliana chuckled.

She was acting out. I was ashamed.

"Kenya I don't know what your problem is but you need to step out of my face with all that yelling sh't. I'm a grown ass woman and I am not about to get into it with you over some petty sh't! Trust me, you don't want me to." Khaliana snapped.

There was silence after.

"What is it with you?!" Kenya scoffed in disbelief, raking her eyes over Khaliana.

"What do you mean?" Khaliana asked.

"All these men treat you like the only girl in their world! Oh, there is a problem with Khali, its our problem too. What?! Have you been in their beds? F'kn whore!"

Khaliana's posture stiffened and her fists clenched.

"Whore? You just got here Kenya. No more than three days. You know nothing about me."

"I go out you know. I happened to have met some lovely girls who know you. They said some awful stuff about you. You are a homewrecker. You don't want nobody else to have the guys. You're a bitch. I refused to believe it because I knew a different side of you and I am new. Then, it all started playing out in front of my eyes." Kenya voiced.

A tear escaped from Khaliana's eye. She quickly wiped it. That actually hit her. She has done absolutely nothing wrong to anyone.

"Kenya, I brought you here to meet my family, not go out to meet some jealous conniving ass females who don't know sh't." I snapped.

Khaliana rushed out the kitchen. She was so vulnerable these days. I sneaked one disapproving look at Kenya before rushing after her. She moved so fast, I caught her just in time before she got to her room.

"Khalia-"

"Just go to f'kn Kenya, Drew!" She snapped, pushing me away and went in her room.

TREY

  The whole room was pin silent when Dequan walked in.

"Jay what kind of weed you got around here? 'Cause the smoke must be making me high," Michael voiced.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't he supposed to be dead?" Joey asked, genuinely confused.

"I should be but-" Jason cut him off.

"Man yo' voice done got deeper and this is scaring the sh't out of me. What the literal f'k?" Jason voiced.

"Just listen to him amd what he has got to say. It's a step closer to being done with this mess..." I trailed off upon Khalil entering the room.

"Yo, sorry I'm late. I got caught u- Dequan?" Khalil poked him, "if y'all brought me here to mess with my head..."

"Okay, now everyone is here..."

Dequan told his story and we were trying to come up with solutions.

×××

When I got home, I smelt no food and the house was silent otherwise from the clattering of pots and pans in the kitchen. I checked my time. I was early so I know I didn't miss nothing.

I went in and saw a red bloated face Khaliana. Why was she crying? God, I hope it isn't because of me again.

She looked so angry and vulnerable. She wanted to punch someone so I must trod lightly.