Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Several Days Later…

It was a very special day. The entire U.S.A knew why it was. It was little Annabelle party because they couldn’t celebrate it at home. After much planning Amelia and Helen handle their differences and helped each other plan the biggest birthday party. They both agreed the fair was the best bet and Annabelle would be a pirate liked she wanted.

Belle was up early. She came running into the kitchen singing happy birthday to herself even though her birthday had already passed. Amelia and Aria tries to hide her cupcake and this makes Annabelle laugh. She covers her mouth grinning widely. “I knew you were going to surprise me with a cupcake mommy.” Annabelle sits in her seat and explains, “But on your way up you bump into one of the servants and dropped it so I just came down.”

Aria eyebrow arches and she looks towards Amelia. “Sweetie what did we say about changing the future.”

“I know but I didn’t want you to be mad mommy.” Belle explains. “I made your day better.”

Amelia comes towards her daughter and throws her into the air. “Yes, you made mommy day better. Now come over and try your cupcake.”

Aria chews on her bottom lip because it was getting worse. Annabelle was just a child and if the world knew what she was capable of they would want to take her away just like the cult. Aria can feel her eyes watering up as she watches her daughter make a wish and blows her candle out. Today wasn’t her birthday but it was tradition to give her a pre-cupcake.

Annabelle chews into the cupcake and grins, “Red Velvet!” Belle shouts in excitement.

Aria smiles as she watches the confused look on her wife face. Belle laughs and explains, “Mommy gives me a cupcake the day before my birthday to guess the flavor of the cake.” Belle wipes her mouth with her sleeve.  “But since my birthday already passed she is just pretending that it hasn’t. So I get to celebrate my birthday on Halloween. That means more candy mom.”

“I do it so my little monster wouldn’t ask questions.” Aria further explains. Amelia laughs as Belle frowns, “I’m a big girl now mommy.”

“Yes you are.”

Everyone turns their head towards Helen who is leaning on the wall. She walks into the room and picks the little girl up. “So what are we doing today? Huh?”

“Well you and mom were going to take me to the amusement park and then something big is going to happen but my dream didn’t go that far.” Annabelle furrows her eyebrows. “I don’t know why.”

“It’s a surprise honey maybe you didn’t want to know.”

Annabelle shrugs her shoulders and grins, “I’m pretty sure it’s going to be awesome. Can we leave now?”

Helen rolls her eyes at the little girl energy. “Yes, go brush your teeth and get dressed.”

Annabelle runs off upstairs and Helen takes a seat. Aria smiles towards her and says, “Thank-you for taking her. That should give us enough time to set up the fair.”

“I saw the flyers.” Helen says. “You invited all kids.”

“Well yes.” Aria answers. “She needs to interact with normal kids.”

“I guess you’re right.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Aria asks.

Helen swallows her milk and explains, “Belle is different and I don’t want her to get her feelings hurt.”