Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Amelia walks back into the room and then sits back down like she hasn’t just almost eaten the President daughter. Amelia chuckles to herself and then after dinner she sends everyone away leaving only Hailey.

“I guess I’m going to be your wife.” Hailey looks up scared. “I really didn’t think I would be picked.”

“You’re not honey.” Amelia smiles. “You’re very cute but you’re too young.”

“I’m…”

“Fifth teen.” Amelia answers for her before she lies.

“How did you know?” Hailey asks.

“Wild guess.” Amelia smiles. “I praise you for your bravery but you’re too young. You haven’t faced the world yet.”

Hailey weakly smiles poking at her plate. “I’m sorry. I took my older sister I.D we look alike. She left our mother to marry some man. I didn’t think it would work but it did and there was no turning back…”

She was rambling until Amelia stops her and whispers, “It’s okay. You are dismissed. I hope your brother’s return safely.”

Amelia sips the rest of her wine and then grins. She walks towards the President’s office and then says, “Mr. President we need to talk. I have made my decision.”

<><> 

Aria paces back and forth in her room. She showered several times and couldn’t get the stupid vampire out her head. She smelled so good it was alluring and her eyes were so beautiful it was impossible to not look at them. But that was how all vampires were they trapped you with their eyes and beauty before they fed on your blood. Aria was not about to be another victim. She hated vampires. They destroyed the world and honestly Aria didn’t agree with the stupid treaty.

Why would you want to live and walk around with vampires? They were dangerous and half of them couldn’t even control their hunger. If a vampire killed an innocent where would they go? Prison? It was so many different possibilities. However, Aria only seen the bad in all vampires. They were cold heartless bastards.

Aria looks in the mirror and kicks the counter when she notices the cut on her neck that was red. It looks like a hickey with a cut. Aria grabs some ointment and rubs it against her skin. She walks into her room and prays that tomorrow will be better and the stupid vampire would choose her mate and leave her home.

Aria morning did not go as plan. When her father walked into her room early in the morning Aria thought her father was being a complete ass-hole but unfortunately he asked her to come down to breakfast.

Aria only cocks her head to the side in question and shrugged her shoulders. She quickly put her clothes on and hurried downstairs and was shocked to see the stupid vampire sitting at her table.

“Sit honey.” Her father demands.

Aria grumbles and then sits down across from the attractive vampire. They begin to eat silently and Aria father finally speaks, “Aria this is Amelia Queen of England.”

“Yeah.” Aria rolls her eyes. “We’ve met.”

Amelia does nothing but smirks. She arches her eyebrow and then says her accent thick, “Sorry about that Aria.” Aria gulps at the way her name rolls off the vampire tongue. She tries to look away because she knew she was staring but the stupid vamp had already caught her. Amelia smirks and continues, “I was caught off guard by your scent. It was very intoxicating.” Aria watches as The Queen wet her lips slowly.