Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It has been two weeks and Aria still didn’t feel at home. She never saw Amelia much because she had to take care of business. Aria had forgotten that she was a Queen. For two weeks Aria would go to the kitchen eat and then head back to her chambers where she would watch TV.

She still couldn’t believe someone tried to assassinate her. She didn’t know she was that strongly hated. After watching the news for several days Aria found out that there was an entire cult against her and Amelia marriage. The group figured if Aria was assassinated then they would go back to war after framing a vampire for the killing. It was a flawless plan but they got caught. Aria had been thinking. If she died, would they really go back to war over her murder?

Aria still missed Brandon. She wonders what he is doing. Have he met someone else. She wished she could call him but she knew it would only hurt him more and she couldn’t do that.

Aria had toured the estate yesterday and she was not surprised when she found a Tennis court, golf course, three pools, and other interesting things. Like a mini theme park. One of the vampires had told her that Amelia had a thing for rollercoasters and during the war most of the theme parks were shut down or destroy. So she hired some engineers and had them to build her a mini theme park. However, it didn’t seem mini to Aria. There were fifth teen rollercoasters. Literally. She was learning more and more about the Queen.

Aria walks into the kitchen and is greeted by another chief.

“Good Morning My Lady.” The young girl grins. She had red hair and her smile was beautiful. Yet, she was so young. She looked around sixteen.

Aria sits at the island and asks, “Are you new.”

The girl shakes her head and giggles, “No Jase the other cook. He was just covering me until I came back from the village. I had to go check on my mother.”

“Oh.” Aria smiles. “I didn’t like him much anyways.”

The red head girl smiles, “Well I can believe that. He is not a people person. It is nice to meet you My Lady.” The girl bows. “I’m Heather the cook.”

“You can call me Aria.”

Heather was about to protest until Aria wave her hand and said, “Please. I hate the title.”

Heather weakly smiles and then asks, “So what do you wish to eat this morning.”

“How about eggs and bacon.”

“That’s all?”

“Yes.” Aria smiles and then watches as Heather quickly whip up some eggs and bacon. They sit and eat and Heather asks about America and Aria asks about the nearby Village.

“The Village is not really a village. It more of a town but there is where all the common people stay. The Queen she makes sure everything is running properly and basically owns everything. A lot of people moved over here and away from the other crowned heads territory because you have more freedom over here. Taxes is not that bad.”

“I see.” Aria cocks her head to the side.

“It’s still a struggle though. More people mean more crime and things as that such.”

“Have Amelia done anything about the crime lately.”

“Umm.” Heather freezes. “I’m talking too much. I seem to do that sometimes.”