Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Amelia hears Aria calls in her mind. She quickly runs out the mansion running down the streets. Vanessa watches her lover leave. She grabs the cook hand and orders, "Take me where Aria is?" She orders. Heather nods her head and they both jump into the Audi and drive towards The Village.

Aria is thrown into a room. She looks around and notices all the dead bodies. "What the hell." She wanted to cry. She jumps when she hears someone coughing. It was a little boy.

"Mummy."

The boy had brown hair and his eyes were hazel. It was a child vampire. He looked sick like he hasn't fed in weeks. "Hey are you okay?"

"No. My tummy hurts." The little boy replies sickly. "I want my mummy."

"Come here. Everything is going to be okay." The little boy around five or six rest in her lap and Aria jumps at another voice.

"It's just a matter of time."

"Jesus. How many are you." She looks at the man in the corner.

"Only me and the boy. They drained the rest." The older man coughs.

Aria runs her fingers through the younger boy hair. She knew he was tired. She could feel him falling asleep. "What is going on down here?"

"People are starving and since some cannot afford blood they fed off their own kind." The older man coughs.

"That doesn't make you sick."

"Not if its drained a certain way."

"I don't understand." Aria replies.

"It's like how you Americans make fake cheese and milk. It's not the real thing but it almost close to tasting the same. That is the same thing Richard and his crew doing. They are developing fake blood but using Vampires to make it."

"How?"

"I don't know." The older man coughs. "It's some liquid they got from America."

They all jump when the little boy begins to cough uncontrollably.

"He is dying." The older man concludes.

The younger boy coughs up black blood. Aria didn't know what to do. "Stay with me." She cries. The little boy couldn't die. He was so young.

"I don't feel good." The boy continues to cough and Aria shouts, "What do I do?"

"Nothing can save him." The older man replies. "He is already gone."

"My blood." Aria grabs the glass of the floor and cuts her wrist. She hisses in pain and then puts her arm towards the boy mouth. "Here drink."

<><> 

Amelia burst in the club. Everyone stops there dancing and the music is cut off. Her gold eyes shine brighter and she sneers. "I'm going to ask once." She walks in the middle of the floor getting everyone attention. "If I don't get my answer." She pause her fangs popping out. "I promise no one is getting out of here alive."

The vampires in the room gasps and Amelia asks slowly, "Where is the human?" Everyone points towards the back door. Amelia uses her vampire speed and before she knows it she is in the basement and all the vampires up stairs rushes out the building. Heather and Vanessa walks in and the bartender back up towards the wall. Vanessa flashes her badge. "VIA" The badge says.

The bartender gulps. He didn't believe those exist. "You're with the Vampire Intelligence Agency."

Vanessa doesn't answer but Heather was surprised also. Vanessa is an agent. Now she understands why she and Amelia relationship never worked.