The Case of Little Boy Blue

Chapter 19 - Ash

Little boy blue come blow your horn, the sheep's in the meadow, the cow's in the corn, but where is little boy blue? Dead in the barn.... uh oh....

After all for of us had managed to teach the unicorn (whom Alice insisted on calling Blue) how to transport, the ride went pretty smoothly. Well, ntil we tried to get Blue to transport s more than five feet away.... We ended up in front of an old farmhouse. Unseeingly, a middle-aged woman called from one of the windows.

"Little Boy Blue! Come blow your horn!" she cried.

"So that's little boy blue's mom?" I asked.

"Yeah Ash, who else?" Dani replied.

"God?" Alice added sarcastically.

"You teenagers are so immature." A random voice floated from nowhere.

The only one that didn't freak out was Alice. After we all screamed at her to tell us who the heck spoke, she replied calmy 'Blue.' All at once Dani, Wess (Humpty Dumpty, whatever) and I screeched out 'THE UNICORN?!' and when we all looked around we burst out laughing. Even our new companion. A horse with a horn. With a sigh we all mounted again and asked Blue to transport us to the castle.

"You know, there is a reason you're here. You have to solve the case before we can go further." Blue scoffed.

Suddenly one thought crashed into my mind. I never heard a horn. If little boy blue was supposed to blow his horn, wouldn't we have heard it? I began to unconciously walk towards an old barn next to the house and began to feel a convincing pull... uh oh, my curse is kicking in. I knew as soon as I walked into the barn that I had found little boy blue. How did I know? Because he was laying in the middle of it with blood pouring out of his chest where a dagger had been plunged into his heart.

"Ash, why-" Dani stopped short when she saw little boy blue.

"Guys, why the heck-" Alice wretched at the smell of little boy blue's carcass.

Dani suddenly cried out and screamed to watched out. She had been burnt in the arm by some flying darkness that was now rocachetting around the room. I knew for a fact thins thing had killed little boy blue, but I needed to know who it was, and fast. Being the one more than likely the most associated with death, I called out to it, asking it who it was. Alice and Dani both stared at me like I was a wack job. But I barely payed them any attention.

"I am, obviously a friend, close in power. You can speak my language, so you are not enemy." the shadow stopped completely in front of me.

"Why did you kill this boy?" I asked, playing along.

"The king, he told me to, I am ashamed, usally I do not harm, but I cannot disobey orders." I could now tell it was a boy of maybe 18? He had long-short hair, a little bit longer than Ross'. He was quite attractive from what I could make out of him. He was wearing all black and his eyes were....

oh my god....

"Who, who are you?" I whispered.

"I am a commoner of the Dark King's court. You are a friend, I can tell, you have the eyes of death; silver gray to black. Everyone of the Dark King's court has this color. Do yo come from there?" the boy asked.

"Umm, I do not think so... I have never been to this world before. I am sorry." I spoke.

The man nodded and then told me his name was Leron. I told him my name was Ashling instead of Ashlynn. I introduced my friends as Allison (alice) and Dannica (dani), then told him Rockwell (ross) was outside with Dapple (blue) our unicorn. Leron nodded again and asked me what I was doing here.

"I was just passing through. Will you please let us go?" I replied.

Leron easily let me his time Blue actually ran at the speed of a modern car instead of transporting us. Along the ride Alice, who was in front of me asked a lot of questions about the guy.

"What was his name?" she asked.

"You already heard it." I replied, confused.

"No, Ash, you were speaking a different language" Alice spoke.

Wait, so I was speaking an unknown langage and a killer had the exact same eyes as me?!

Oh, this is messed up!