Old Mother Hubbard Hates Me!

Chapter 9 - Alice

Old Mother Hubbard, went to the cupboard to give her poor dog a bone. When she came there, the cupboard was bare, but I was standing there and she flipped me off!!! Stupid Bi--never mind.

"You better be ready in ten minutes, Alice! We're leaving!"

My dad yelled in his serious voice. I sighed and yanked on a poofy black dress. (We were invited to some party for rich snobbs-oops, I mean rich people) It was strapless and went a bit past my feet, hiding the black Converse I was wearing. My hair had been straightend (my hair is naturally straight, but I had to get the few bits that were curly) and the black streaks were showing. I quickly teased it in the back and put on some eyeliner.

"Come on, Alice! The party is at ten!"

I sighed again and did some more makeup. When I decied I was..."presentable" I stepped back and took a look in the mirror. Wow! I look soooooo goo- the mirror is moving. WTH? The mirror is moving! I took another look at the mirror. It wasn't moving...it was... rippling. Like some Disney movie where some evil witch goes "Magic mirror on the wall, who's the fairest one of all?" Yes, almost exatcly like that. Suddenly, I felt a magnetic pull twards it. I was getting closer and closer, and the mirror was shaking. Suddenly my hand dissapeared into the mirror. Before i could realize what was going on, i started saying some weird nursery rhyme, and i had never in my whole entire, sad life heard it before.

"How many miles to Babylon? Three score and ten. Can I get there by candlight? Yes, there and back again. If your hells are nimble and light, you will get there by candle light." and then i started to dissintegrate into the mirror, like i was dust and wind was blowing me in the mirror.

"CRAP! I'M DISSAPEARING!!!!!!!" I screamed. Crap. My foot went too, and then my face, then my whole body. Well, I've done it. I've gone round the bend. Loony bin, here I come. I can just imagine myself a couple years from now wearing a straight jacket and rocking back and forth on my feet, mumbling "No, really, I dissapeared into a mirror."

What I saw was...well, it was just plain wierd. The sky in this world (was it a different world? I don't know) was a dark grey, with orange and purple lights randomly dancing. It reminded my slightly of England in the 17th centurey, with cobble stone streets and tall buildings. There were several shops lined up, all strange neon colors. I didn't know if what I saw was normal there, but a lady that looked strangly like old mother Hubbard was leaning against a random cupboard. She was missing some of her teeth, and her brown hair was wildly flying every where. She gave me a deranged smirk and said

"What the hell are you doing, you ugly, rotten peice of poo!?" I gaped at her and started to give my opinion on her when she flipped me off.

"Go, go, hurry! They're looking for Mr. Humpty-Dumpty! Go to the sewage!" She screamed at me and pointed to a sewer hole. I just wanted to get away from the crazy lady, so I opened up the lid and hopped in.

"You too?!?!" I nearly peed my pants as--wait, Ash said that? I whipped around, finding Ash and Dani huddling together. What the heck was going on?!?!?!?!?!?