What are little boys made of? I don't know, and i seriously don't want to!

Chapter 14 - Dani

                What are little boys made of, what are little boys made of? Frogs and snails and puppy dogs’ tails. That’s what little boys are made of. What are little girls made of? What are little girls made of? Well, to tell you the truth, I’m not really wondering, so don’t ask me.

                  We were once again wandering the streets of Babylon. I had had a great night's sleep at little bo peep's house. When I woke up, everyone was on the floor but me, and Humpty Dumpty was snoring loudly...  while he was sleep walking around the house. He accidentally ended up in Bo Peep's bed, after her husband started getting ready for work. he came in the kiss Peep goodbye when he saw Humpty. He beat him almost to death and kicked us out of the house. so now we were looking for somewhere else to stay.

                  Ash pulled me aside from everyone else, and beckoned Alice towards us. She spoke in a very hushed tone, I had to really listen in order to hear her voice, “Humpty Dumpty is Ross Wess,” she said with wide-eyes. Alice and I both gasped.

                “Nuh uh! Not even, he doesn’t lo-“ my words were cut off by my sudden thoughts of oh yes he does look like him. How did I not know this before? Was it because I tried to avoid looking at him most of the time? Alice and I were both completely oblivious to the fact that Humpty Dumpty was Ross Wess, “ What are you going to do? Does he know who you are? Are you going to tell him that you know who he is?”             

                “Yes, I have to, I need to know why he is Humpty Dumpty, and why he killed his brother, and the true story about everything. I have to know, otherwise I can’t trust him. Will you guys back me up?” by this time Humpty, I mean Ross, was getting anxious, and a little bit curious. I nodded as I saw Alice nod. We slowly and painfully walked over to Ross and Ash spoke first, “Ross, I know it’s you, and I don’t know why you wouldn’t trust me, and I’m a little bit offended, and I don’t know your whole story, but since you lied to us, we can’t trust you. And I’m sorry but we are going to have to hear the truth,” Ash sighed and looked deeply into his eyes. He stood awkwardly for a moment and finally spoke.

                “I am Ross, and Humpty Dumpty. I was originally Ross. Then I came here for no reason at all. I was taken in by Humpty Dumpty and his brother. I was an orphan, so no one missed me. After a few years, Dumpty died, and I took his place as Humpty Dumpty. And I swear I didn’t kill his brother, I didn’t. He killed himself in mourning over Humpty Dumpty. I’ve been able to stay so well hidden because I figured out how to get back to the real world, but I had a limited amount of magic. So I got stuck here again, and that is when I ran into you guys. I didn’t know if I could trust you guys with the knowledge of me being both Ross and Humpty,” he said sheepishly. Ash was crying at his story, which was funny, because she liked him so much, “Are you guys going to abandon me? Because, I’ll be okay if you do,” he said, swiftly making pictures in the dirt with his feet. Ash looked at me with puppy eyes, how could I refuse?

                “I won’t abandon you, Ross,” Ash said flirtatiously.

                “I won’t,” I said “I guess,” I said under my breath.

                “I guess I won’t either, besides, I don’t really have a choice, now, do I?” Alice said reluctantly.

                “Great, but I wasn’t lying about anything else. I knew my mother and father were what they were, because when I was in the orphanage, they still had family records, if they could get to them. And I am psychic, but only in this world. And I am wanted in a dozen cities all around the kingdom, for killing,” he said with air quotes, “Humpty dumpty’s brother.”

                “Well, I think we should be getting back to our journey. Might I ask, where exactly are we going?” I said after a long pause.

                “Oh, pardon me, we’re going to the palace, to kill King Cole. Sorry, I meant to tell you,” Alice and I exchanged glances.

                “Okay,” we said in unison. So we headed to the palace, where we would murder King Cole and probably a butt-load of royal guards. I was ready, I knew Alice was ready, but I couldn’t tell if Ash was ready. She still had to get a regular face on, instead of the hazy, dreamy eyes she was emitting from her face, before I could really trust that she was ready to do some damage. We started on our journey once again.

                After a few minutes of walking in the shadows, we came across an artisan guild. The sign read, “Child Maker,” and then in fine print, “Boys and girls” I briefly looked through the window and heard cackling, and saw flames and sparks. That would be an image that would never be shaken from my mind.