Three wise men of Gotham (Where batman lives!) aren't so wise after all.

Chapter 16 - Ash

                 Three wise men of Gotham, they went to sea in a bowl. And if the bowl had been stronger my song would be longer. I have a question though. Why are they called the wise men if they were stupid enough to freaking go out to the freaking sea in a freaking bowl?

                Alice returned with a feast of pastries. They were unequivocally delightful! There were four huge cookies, chocolate chip, macaroon, white macadamia nut, and sugar. There were four muffins, because if you go to the muffin man, you have to get muffins, it’s in the name! they were sweet and moist and fluffy. The best muffins I have ever had.

                “Oh my gosh, Alice, these are amazing!” I exclaimed.

                “I know. The muffin man was kind of creepy, but he makes good breakfast,” she said as she bit into a piece of sugar cookie. Dani and I stopped mid-bite.

                “What?” we said in unison.

                “I said that the muffin man makes good breakfast,” Alice replied.

                “No, before that,” I said inquisitively.

                “Oh, I said that he’s kind of creepy. He was all ‘ we were expecting you Alice’ blah, blah, blah,” she said concentrated on her cookie.

                “Oh, well, I guess that is kind of creepy. Did he say anything else creepy?” I stared at my muffin. I wanted to finish it so bad, but I also needed to prioritize.

                “Not anything that I can remember,” Alice said finally digging into her piece of cookie. She couldn’t wait any longer, and neither could I. we finished our breakfast and got back on our way. We eventually ended up in a city called Gotham. As we were entering the town borders, there was a sign that read, “ Welcome to Gotham City”

                “Holy bat crap Robin. We are in Gotham City. Saweet!” Dani said with a huge smile on her face. She was a comic book nerd, and I’m sure she was in heaven.

                “Yeah, okay. I get that you’re excited. Ha-ha, you geek,” Dani blushed. We came across three graves. There was one grave marker that read, “The Three Wise Men of Gotham. From 1431 to 1482. Found dead at sea. May they rest in peace.”

                “Ewy, dead guys,” Dani said.

                “Yeah, no kidding. Hey, Ross, do you know what happened to these guys?”

                “Yeah, you’ve never heard the nursery rhyme about them? The three wise men of Gotham went out to sea in a bowl. And they all died,” Alice, Dani, and I gasped.

                “If they were so wise, then why did they go out to sea in a freaking boat?” Alice asked.

                “Well, they were wise by comparison. Everyone else here must be really dumb,”

                “Oh. Wow. Okay,” we walked cautiously up to a street guide booth, where there was, obviously, a street guide.

                “Hey, do you know which way is to King Cole’s castle?”

                “Do ye have an appointment?” he said in a very thick Scottish accent. Dani and I exchanged worried looks.

                “Yes, we do, under the name of Lady LaRue. See, she sent us instead of coming here herself. She is coming down with the chills,” Ross said, also in a thick Scottish accent.

                “Oh, yes, I see you right here on the list. Well, here is a map,” he said, handing Ross a large piece of worn paper, “And tell Lady LaRue that I hope she recovers,”

                “Yes, we thank ye. Have a nice day Sir,” Ross replied. We followed the map for a few minutes in silence and awe. There were shops lined up all the way down the street, and street vendors, selling cloth, of many, many colors. There were witches, dwarves, fairies, unicorns, satyrs, centaurs, griffins, and more magical creatures all lined up at the cobblestone street. There were even baby dragons being sold. This place was magical.