The Eensy Weensy Spider Causes Almost The Whole School To Burn Down

Chapter 5 - Dani

                The eensy weensy spider crawled up the water spout, down came the rain and washed the spider out. Out came the sun and dried up all the rain, along with the spider and a few hair particles on the students in Mr. B’s class.

                I walked into Mr. B’s classroom for fourth hour and saw a group of students gathered around one of the desks, and sitting in the desk was the school schmuck, Dylan Bernett, holding a small jar in his hands.

                “This is a brown recluse spider, one of the most harmless spiders on Earth,” I looked at him like he was the dumbest most idiotic person in the room. In fact, he was the dumbest, most idiotic person in the room, and everyone knew that brown recluses were poisonous.

                “Hey, Dylan, maybe you should let it go in the classroom, I mean, come on, it’s harmless right?” said a boy by the name of Marshall, he was obviously trying to get somebody hurt. Dylan looked at him hesitantly, and then slowly opened the jar, and I could not believe my eyes, he was actually going to let it go. It crawled out of the jar and landed on the floor and everyone jumped back. Mr. B walked in and all of the students got into their seats, including me. Dylan dropped the jar into his backpack, and quickly put his hands on his desk.

                “Alright, class, let’s get started,” Mr. B’s eyes slowly drifted towards the spider that was climbing up the wall, “Oh. My. Gosh! That’s a freaking brown recluse! Everyone get out of the classroom while I dispose of this vermin.” It was climbing towards the top of the refrigerator where there was candles, a water pitcher, and a magnifying glass. The sun was peeking out of the clouds and everybody froze. It shown through the magnifying glass and right on the top of the glass water pitcher where the spider was. The sunlight through the magnifying glass burned the spider to death, and then there was flame, but it never touched the water in the pitcher, it started climbing down the refrigerator, and the fire was spreading immensely fast.          

                “Everybody run!” Mr. B screamed to the students as he pulled the fire alarm and grabbed the attendance sheet. We ran outside and quickly lined up at the concrete basketball court. Our line was missing a few students and Mr. B. we all gasped as we saw them walking towards us, all with their hair singed, and smelling like smoke. We stared at them for a few seconds and we burst into hysterical laughter. In a few minutes the rest of the middle school classes had their attendance done and everyone was lined up. The fire department had gotten most of the fire, but there was still a lot of smoke. The students had eventually just blown off the whole idea of lines, and now we were talking, texting, and flirting amongst ourselves. We had to sit outside for the remainder of the school day. I was sitting down by myself for a while until Ash sat down on the ground next to me, and we chatted, and I had the worst case of déjà vu. My head spun for a moment, and then it stopped.

                “Dani, are you okay?”

                “Yeah, I’m fine, I just had some seriously bad déjà vu.”

                “That’s weird, because, so did I, and then a super bad headache,” she said, wide eyed. we sat in silence, and then a girl walked over to us. She had blond white hair with blue tips and she was tall. She sat down next to us and said, “Hi, I’m Alice, I know that you don’t know me, but I figured this was a good time to introduce myself.  Don’t know why, but for a while I’ve been wanting to get to know you guys. I just think it may be a psychological thing for me, but my heart and brain have been telling me that I need to know you guys,” Ash and I just stared at each other, both nodded, and said, “Okay, sit down,” Ash and I listened as Alice told us her life story and why she was emotionally inclined to meet us. We listened until the bell rang and the end of the school day finally came. As we were standing up to go to the parking lot, or bus lines, or wherever we were supposed to go, I told Alice that maybe we should meet up sometime, and she told me that she rides my bus. Wow, I can’t believe I never noticed her. I thought to myself.

                “So, we can hang out on the bus,” I said, and she nodded and walked away. The day was finally over, and fourth hour probably was for the rest of the year, or longer.