Chapter Twenty-Six . . .Failure

Ray's POV

I ran into the RT studio as fast as I could, I couldn't wait to get home with Kylie and baby Marisa. I missed them both and I didn't exactly like fighting with Kylie, so I felt a need to fix her problems and her fears.

First, I had to take care of the office.

"Miles!" I ran up to him as he turned to look at me with a smile.

"Hey Ray what are you doing here?" He asked.

I looked at him confused. "You called me. You need me for X-Ray and Vav."

"We already shot that." Miles chuckled. "Are you okay? Have you gotten any sleep since that baby has been born?" He teased.

"Miles you said . . ." I trailed off as I came to the realization that something was wrong. "Shit Kylie." I mumbled to myself as I ran out to my car and pulled out my cellphone quickly dialing the police.

I promised to protect them and was already failing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kylie's POV

"Brad, just-just calm down." I said with panic in my voice as I pulled away from Brad.

He looked different. His hair was longer and he grew a beard, but what caught my attention most was the familiar crazy look in his eyes.

"Kylie, Kylie, Kylie." He tsked. "You've been hiding from me. You were supposed to come back home to me. We were going to live as a family." He chuckled darkly as he looked at the picture on the table and whacked it with his hand, making it fall over. "Instead you are with some other guy. Another guy who can't take care of you like I do." He shook his head before grabbing my arm and pulling me close. "What kind of mother are you?" He asked. "Putting our daughter with some asshole."

"Brad stop." I begged.

"Stop? Stop?" He scoffed before pushing me against the nearest wall roughly. "Why would I stop when this is just too damn fun." He pulled me away from the wall and I fell on the floor.

"Don't do this." I said as I looked up at him with fear in my eyes. "You can walk out of here now."

He laughed. "I'm not leaving with out you and our daughter." He said as he kicked me square in the ribs.

I let out a little shout, and I quickly regretted it because it only fueled him more making him kick me again and again.

"SHIT!" He yelled as his hands went to his hair. "You are a piece of shit, you know that." He ran the hand over his face. "What kind of wife leaves her husband, her lifeline, her supporter."

"You're nothing! I can survive on my own. I don't need you." I said as blood filled my mouth.

"You don't need me? You don't need me?" He questioned as he picked me up by the hair and threw me into the coffee table. "You need me."

My back crashed into the back of the coffee table and my back side was being cut up by the sharp glass. I let out a groan and rolled over to my side. "Leave." I whispered.

"Not without you." He raised his fist just as a cry was heard from the back room, Marisa's room.

"Marisa." I whispered and tried to get up.

Brad kicked me down. "Don't worry, I got her." He chuckled.

My vision was going from light to dark, as I was fading in and out of reality.