Chapter Five . . . In Too Deep

Kylie's POV

I woke up and stretched my body, letting my back crack.

This pregnancy was wearing me down one bone at a time, but that didn't stop me from snuggling into my pillow.

Man was my bed comfortable today.

I opened my eyes slowly and gasped in surprise before jumping up as fast as I could. My eyes quickly looked around the dark room and I quickly turned on a lamp illuminating the room.

Where was I?

The last thing I remember was eating Thanksgiving dinner with Ray, playing games, and then . . .

"Ray!" I called.

I heard the sound of fast paddling before the door opened up revealing Ray. He was shirtless, his hair was messy, and his eyes were scrunched up due to not wearing his glasses.

"What? What is it? Is the baby coming?" He asked quickly before going to his closet and quickly pulling on a shirt, backwards.. "I'll call an Uber and I'll call the doctor!"

"Ray, calm down." I chuckled. "I'm not in labor."

"You're not?" He questioned.

"No." I laughed.

"Then what the hell are you yelling for." He groaned.

"I'm sorry," I continued to laugh. "I was just confused. I didn't know why I was here."

"You fell asleep because you can't hang with BrownMan." He shrugged.

"If I wasn't five months pregnant I would out last you." I rolled my eyes and rubbed my belly.

"Yeah that's what all the women say." He winked, "Anyway, you want some breakfast," He paused to look down at his watch on his wrist, "Or lunch?" He chuckled.

"Lunch!" I felt my eyes bulge out of my head. "Shit! I'm late!"

"I think you found that out about five months ago." Ray chuckled.

"No, you asshole, I'm late for work!" I yelled as I pushed past him and went out to the living room to get my shoes on.

"You're going to work after the doctor told you that your blood pressure is high?" He questioned in a stern voice.

"Well, I have to pay my rent, don't I?" I rolled my eyes and bent down to tie my shoes.

"You're not going to have to pay rent when you're fucking dead."

"Don't be so over dramatic." I stood up fully and kissed his cheek. "Thanks for dinner it was amazing. I'll see you around." I smiled at him before leaving.

As I was half-way to my car I stopped and realized that I kissed Ray.

Sure it was only on the cheek but it was enough to put a smile on my face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After rushing around in my apartment and throwing on my uniform I was able to get to work, an hour late.

"You're late!" My boss, and the cook yelled from inside the kitchen.

"I'm sorry I had a baby appointment." I said quickly.

"I thought you missed work the other day for a baby appointment?" He asked.

"Jesus Earl, give the woman a break she's running around with a human being inside of her." Max, my work friend, scolded our boss as she brushed past me.