Chapter Twenty . . . Home Alone

Kylie's POV

"This is weird." I noted sadly as a nurse wheeled me to the front of the hospital while Ray was at my side carrying flowers and balloons I had received while admitted.

"I know," He sighed just as somberly as I was. "But just a couple of weeks and she'll be home."

How was it possible that I came into the hospital, had my child, and leave without my baby? How was it fair that my poor little angel had to continue her stay at the hospital, hooked up to tubes and I.V.'s while I got to go home and relax.

"I'm a horrible mother." I sniffled.

"Don't talk like that." Ray said and grabbed my hand. "This isn't your fault, and you know that Kylie. So what Marisa has to stay here a few more weeks. She's alive and on her way to living a long and healthy life. This is just a bump in our road." He explained gently and I wiped my eyes quickly.

"You're right." I smiled sadly at him. "Plus it's not like I'm never going to see her. I'll be here everyday."

"That's right, but I need to talk to you about something." He said gently.

"What's that?" I questioned as the nurse wheeled us outside where we were met by Ryan and Allie.

"Hey guys!" Allie greeted us cheerfully.

Hormones.

"Hey." I greeted.

With the help of Ray and the nurse I got out of the wheelchair and into the car without too much pain.

"This sucks." I groaned as I got into the car and grabbed a hold of my stomach where the stitches were.

"I know." Ray said as he squeezed my hand.

"Are you alright Ky?" Allie asked with concern written all over her face.

"Yeah, I'm just being a baby." I sighed.

Ray moved some hair out of my face and shook his head. "It's totally understandable."

"You need to get lots of rest Ky." Ryan informed me as he started driving.

"I know, at least they have comfy seats at the hospital." I joked.

"Kylie, I know this isn't easy, but-" Ray started but I interrupted him.

"But what?" I asked.

"I know Marisa is important to both of us, but you need to take it easy for a couple of days. You are stitched up, already tore one, bruised, and in serious pain. Honey, I'm worried about you." Ray sighed.

"Ray, I'm going to be fine." I chuckled but stopped when I felt myself getting sore.

"Kylie, listen to me. I want you to at least stay at home resting until I get off work and go with you to see the baby." Ray informed me.

I blinked a couple of times before shaking my head. "No, absolutely not. I will see my daughter as much as I damn well please."

"I'm not saying to stay away from her, but you have to take care of yourself too."

"I know that." I argued with him, "But with the whole attack, I don't want her to be left alone."

"She won't be!" Allie interrupted us. "I've made up this schedule." She said before pulling out a piece of paper from her pocket. "In the mornings Ryan and I will watch after her, then lunch time Cat will switch, and you and Ray come in the evenings. We discussed this with Geoff and he doesn't mind at all." She explained.