Chapter Fifteen . . . Surprise Guest

Chapter Fifteen .  . . Surprise Guest

Kylie's POV

"Alright, I'll be real quick Burnie." I said as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

We were outside the diner and if you looked inside you could see that it was empty which was going to make my job a lot easier and quicker.

"I'm not telling you to rush or anything but . . ." He trailed and turned to me with a smile. "If you aren't out of there in ten minutes then I will drag your pregnant ass out of there."

I rolled my eyes, "I'll be right back." I said as I got out of the car and walked inside the diner to see Max in a short sparkly dress that hugged her body, her make up was done darker than usual, and her hair was loosely curled.

"Hey girl, thank God you are here." She sighed as she stood up from behind the cash register.

"Where did you find time to get all dressed up?" I asked with a smile.

"You always come prepared." She said and held up her purse. "You never know who will be walking in to the diner."

I looked around the empty and dirty diner before shaking my head with a laugh. "Right, anyway you go enjoy your date and I'll finish everything up here." I smiled.

"Great thank you so much." She said and kissed my cheek leaving a dark lipstick stain.

"No problem, have fun and stay safe." I waved.

She turned as she got to the door and gave me a wink. "Don't worry I will." She said before walking out the door.

I rolled my eyes at her with a laugh before walking over to the door and flipping the sign to say closed.

As I was walking back to the register I heard my phone ring in my pocket and I excitedly grabbed it and answered it knowing exactly who was calling.

"Hello?" I answered trying to sound calm and cool.

"How are my two girls doing?" Ray's voice answered through the phone.

It took all I had not to squeal with excitement. "We're doing great, but missing you like crazy."

"I miss you too Ky, God I wish I wasn't here." He sighed causing me to chuckle.

"I'm sure you're loving up the fan's attention." I chuckled as I walked over to open up the register.

"I'd rather have your attention." He flirted causing me to roll my eyes a bit and turn red.

"You shouldn't say things like that when you are so far away." I chuckled as I balanced the phone between my ear and shoulder and began counting the money.

"You're right I should be asking more important questions like . . . what are you wearing?"

I let out a giggle, getting overly excited about this new part Ray was showing. "You're acting weird." I noted.

"Sorry I just miss you but . . . are you going to answer the question?"

I looked down at my overly sized t-shirt with a grease stain on it from lunch earlier today, and my maternity jeans that kept me comfortable and a pair of dirty sneakers that were covering two different colored socks. Totally hot.. "If I answer that question then I'm pretty sure we will no longer be dating."

"Impossible." Ray scoffed.

"I'm pretty sure it's possible Ray." I chuckled.

"So what are you doing right now?" He questioned and I looked down at the money.