Chapter Four . . . Thanksgiving Special

Ray's POV

"Put the turkey in-what the fuck?" I scratched my head as I read my phone trying to make Thanksgiving dinner, but so far all I had were doughy rolls, burnt potatoes still stuck in the pan, and a raw turkey that I had no idea what the fuck to do with.

"Wait for the what to pop? What the fuck is that thing?" I asked as I poked the red little button inside the turkey.  "Are you born with that?" I asked the dead turkey when the doorbell rang.

"Oh no, don't be here yet." I said in a panic as I looked at the time on my phone before running to the door. "Uh . . . Who is it?" I asked.

"It's your handy Thanksgiving helpers here to save your ass." I heard Allie's voice from outside the door.

I quickly opened the door to find Ryan, Allie, Gavin, and Cat standing with hands full of food.

"What is this?" I asked confused.

"This is us saving you from making an ass out of yourself." Cat smiled. "Now can we come in?"

"Oh yeah." I quickly stepped away from the door and let them in.

"Don't you guys have family stuff to do?" I asked embarrassed.

"Well yeah, but you're family too X-Ray." Gavin smiled.

"You don't even celebrate Thanksgiving." Ryan teased.

"I have ever since Cat and I started dating." Gavin stuck his tongue out at him and Cat went on her tip toes to kiss his cheek.

"And it's been the best Thanksgiving ever since." She smiled.

"Gross." I fake gagged with a smile. "But thanks guys I really appreciate it."

"Well I wasn't going to let my best friend spend Thanksgiving here eating a fucking microwave dinner." Allie rolled her eyes.

"Well I was planning on making dinner but it went horribly wrong." I bit my lip.

"Good thing we're here then." Ryan chuckled. "Cat and Allie made you a turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, green beans, yams, cranberry sauce, and a pumpkin pie."

"When the fuck did you guys do this?" I asked amazed.

"This morning. Allie, Raya, and I did this." Cat smiled.  "She wasn't going to let Uncle Ray down."

"Well tell her Uncle Ray says she's the best." I smiled.

"Great now we can set the table and you can call Kylie.' Allie said and walked into the kitchen followed by everyone else.

I stood there in awe and shock, but it quickly turned into a happy smile.

At least I knew I had people by my side to get Kylie with me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I shifted the corn casserole in my hands and bit my lips. He wanted me here, it wasn't some pity party to make sure I wasn't alone on Thanksgiving.

I just hoped he didn't get the wrong idea about us.

With a sigh I lifted my hand and knocked on the door.

"Coming!" I heard Ray call before the door opened up. "Hey Kylie."

"Hey Ray." I smiled.

"Come on in. You're just in time, the dinner is all ready." He smiled.