Chapter Eleven . . . Help

Kylie's POV

I held the papers in my hand, the one's I have been waiting for since God only knows when, but they weren't signed like I wanted them to be.

"Fuck you." I whispered with tears in my eyes as I looked at the divorce papers that my wonderful soon-to-be ex-husband didn't sign but instead wrote in big red letters, Rot in hell!

I crumbled the paper in my hand and wanted to throw it away or even burn it, but instead I unrumpled it and laid it out on the table before pulling my phone out of my pocket.

"Hey, do you think you could meet me somewhere?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm fine I just really need advice right now and I didn't know who else to call." I swallowed as I looked at my feet. "No, don't tell Ray or Allie, I don't want them worrying about me right now. Yeah, that's fine." I said before hanging up the cellphone.

I quickly grabbed the document before throwing on some shoes and a light jacket before leaving the apartment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------

A few minutes later I walked into the little café and went to the table before sitting down.

"I'm a little surprised you called me." Burnie chuckled.

"Really? I can't ask a friend to come out to lunch with me?" I asked as I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear with a shaky hand.

"You okay?" He asked concerned.

I gave a little nod. "I think I need some water." I said and he was quick to call a waitress over and I couldn't quite hear the words he was saying.

"Ky, are you still with me?" He asked as he waved a hand in front of my face.

"Y-yeah, sorry." I stuttered and shook my head.

The waitress came over with a glass of water and piece of chocolate cake before placing it in front of me.

I looked down at the cake and back up at him. "Really?"

"Yeah," He shrugged, "You look like you could use a shot, but I figured this would do instead."

I propped my elbows on the table before throwing my head in my hands. "My life is falling apart . . . again." I admitted.

"What are you talking about?" He asked confused.

I pulled out my documents and slid them to him. "My ex-husband," I swallowed, "Well my soon-to-be . . . hopefully. He used to beat me, and I left him obviously, but now he won't sign the papers and I'm scared he's going to come after me." I explained.

"You need a restraining order." He said simply as he looked at the page where my loving not was written.

"It's not going to matter, not with him." You shake your head. "I figure I get a restraining order, he ignores it, comes after me, I call the cops, and since they are half and hour away, I'm dead." I shrugged.

"Well they all don't stay at the police station, I'm sure you can have one closer." Burnie said as he slid the papers back over to me.

"It doesn't take long to shoot a bullet." I explained with a shrug. "And he made it very clear that if I sent him these papers then I was getting shot in the head."

"Ky, did you tell your lawyer?" He asked.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Then why am I here? Why not call Allie or Ray?" He asked confused.