Chapter 26

A week later.

ANDY'S P.O.V.

From Pennsylvania we were going to catch a flight to Berlin.
Iris was better, she had started eating again and she was able to speak without crying.
I sat down next to her on the flight but she spent most of the time with her earphones on, looking outside the small window next to her seat. Even with that, she didn't let go of my hand.

She was wearing an old black hoodie, blue skinny jeans and a pair of black boots. Her hair was up in a ponytail. Even if she wasn't wearing makeup, she was the most beautiful girl to me. She was just perfect, and it killed me to see her like that. So fragile.

During the flight, Ronnie asked me once to change places with him, he wanted to talk to Iris. I agreed with him. Maybe she'd feel better after spending sometime with her friend.

I sat next to Allan, seeing he was sat with Ronnie from the beginning. He was designing something in his computer but when he saw me he smiled and stopped what he was doing to pay me all the attention.

– How is she? – he wondered.

– She's better, but still distant with everybody in a specific way. You know, her heart is broken because of the bad news, and it's just been a week – I sighed.

– I guess she just needs time to be the one she used to be before all this shit happened... – he was actually a very comprehensive guy.

We continued talking until Ronnie came back to his seat, so I could come back to my place next to Iris.

RONNIE'S P.O.V.

The death of Dean was a thing that was going to be with us for the rest of our lives, but we had to move on if we wanted to continue making other people happy.
Iris was better. She was strong enough but she used shut herself. I asked Andy to change places for a moment so I could talk to her.

– Hi sunshine – I said as I sat next to her.

She barely smiled as she took off one earphone.

– Hi Ronnie – her voice sounded so tired, so exhausted. She was wearing one of her brother's hoodies – nice views, right? – I asked, just to make her think in other things.

– Yes, from here you can see everything – she slightly smiled again. Nice, at least she was smirking a little bit.

– Iris – I said, more serious – you know we all want you to be happy again. We want the old hyperactive Iris back, but we'll wait all the time you need, just know that we are here for you, and you can tell us everything, okay? – she nodded and kissed my cheek.

– Thanks Ronnie, you are awesome – I smiled and kissed her forehead.

– You too, Iris – I touched her hand for a second, catching her attention – love ya, sunshine – she smiled – love ya too, Ronnie – and then I left the place next to her. Probably Andy wanted to come back to his seat.

IRIS P.O.V.

Last week had been a completely hell for my brain. The guys were really helpful, also Sammi called me when she had time. Gradually I started to move on, but I had reasons to be sad, it was my fucking brother.
Andy respected my decisions during the week and I thanked that. He was the best boyfriend ever and I really loved him.
He was sat next to me during the flight to Berlin, and even when I didn't speak he stayed with me until Ronnie came. I didn't really want Andy to leave my side but Ronnie was a good friend and he knew my brother too.

– Hi sunshine – he said as he sat next to me. I slightly smiled meanwhile I took off one earphone.

– Hi Ronnie – I replied.

– Nice views, right? – He questioned.

– Yes, from here you can see everything – I  smirked again.

– Iris – he sounded more serious – you know we all want you to be happy again. We want the old hyperactive Iris back, but we'll wait all the time you need, just know that we are here for you, and you can tell us everything, okay? – I nodded and kissed his cheek. Why had they to be so good with me?

– Thanks Ronnie, you are awesome – he smiled and kissed my forehead. I looked at the rest of the passengers for a moment.

– You too, Iris – Ronnie touched my hand for a second catching my attention back – love ya, sunshine – It made me smile – love ya too, Ronnie – and then he left the seat.

Not too much time passed before Andy was back with me. He smiled and I returned the smirk. That seemed to make him happier. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he kissed the top of my head.

– You know what? – he asked showing me his gorgeous smile.

– What? – I questioned looking up into his awesome blue eyes.

He continued smiling and it was making me feel nervous.

– What? – I asked again, laughing a little bit, impatient as I slightly hit his shoulder with my fist.