Chapter 24

I was pissed off, scared, worried and heartbroken. Why the fuck would my own ducking brother beat on my fiancé? The ambulance finally made it through emergency entrance. I git Quincey out of the car and the made us wait in the waiting room. I called my mother and Riyah's parents.

I saw their terrified faces come speeding through the emergency room as the bombarded me with questions. "What happened? Is Ariyah ok? Where is she"? Asked her mother. I came back home to see Jaydin beating her she didn't wa-". "Beating her"? She questioned. "Yes-". She went crazy. I've never seen her act like such. "My Jaydin"? My mother asked confused. "Yes mamma". I assured her. Her jaws tightened in anger. "Where is he"? She yelled.

"I don't know". I said. I sat down in the hard cold chair and put my face in the palm of my hands. The doctor bust through the emergency room doors. "Is this the family or Ariyah White"? He asked frowned. I stood up and shook my head yes. "She is terrible condition. She may suffer loss of memory, the blows to the head may cause brain damage as well, may I ask what happened"? He said crossing his arms.

"Sir, I really don't know, I left to handle business. Her my older brother and my son were there alone. I came home to see my brother beating her, I don't know the cause". I said trying not to cry. He jotted what I said down on a note pad. Soon a couple of officers came around the corner. They questioned the beating, I told them all I knew. The doctor said only one of us could go see her, because she needed plenty of rest.

I followed behind the nurse to her room, her puffy bruised eyes were closed and she had a tube going through her neck. Her head was wrapped to stop bleeding. The room was silent, the inky thing that accompanied us were a few beeps, from her lifeline. I held her hand I cried. Where did things go wrong. I closed my eyes and said a prayer hoping for the best. I stayed there until a nurse told me visiting hours were over.

-

I've been at the hospital everyday for the past month now. Ariyah still hasn't woken up. The doctors constantly ask if I want to 'pull the plug' but I tell them no. Her bruises have slowly healed, and they've taken the bandages from around her head. Her cuts are still vivid, but she's now becoming recognizable.

I talks to her, she could hear me, but she couldn't answer me p. I told her about how Quincey was doing. I told her that he misses her and that we all do. I told her that my. Rather has been M.I.A. Form the family and he's going to jail for 25 to life.

I was glad, even though that was my family. I held her hand, I felt a tight squeeze and my heart skipped a beat. Her eyes slightly opened. She looked at me and snatched away her hand. "Where am I? Who are you"? She said frowning. My heart shattered.

"Nurse"! I called out. Soon, a nurse came in. "Oh good, you've woken up". She said. "Who are you"? Ariyah questioned. "Hi, sweetie I'm Jenny, and I've been your nurse". She said. "Nurse"? She said confused. "Yes, your nurse. You were brutally beaten a month ago, you've been sleep for a while". She assured her.

She looked at me confused. "And who are you? Did you beat me"? She asked. "No, I'm your fiancé". I said. "Fiancé, Ian git no fiancé I'm to young for that, I'm sorry but I've never seen you a day in my life". She said. That hurt my heart. I can't believe Ariyah didn't remember me.

If allied the rest if the family to tell them Riyah woke up. They arrived 20 minutes later. "Who are you people"? She asked rudely. Her mother looked hurt. "Baby, I'm your mother, Tammy! And that's your father Richard. Don't you remember us baby"? She said. "No. I don't know any of you"! She said.

"Awww, who is that cure baby, that woman's holding"? She asked. "That's my mom, Rochelle, and that's your son she's holding, Quincey". I told her. "I don't have a son". She said. "Yes you do". I told her. "See, look". I pulled out a picture in my wallet of the day Quincey was born, and showed her. She shook her head no. "I don't remember you all, I don't know you all. So I think you all should leave". She said.

Ok well vote & comment

It's kind of short

-yanaa
🎀