Chapter 22

Ariyah

I picked up my baby and held him close to my chest. I loved him so much. He's my everything. I made water in the sink and added baby soap and sat him in the sink and bathed him. He giggled and played with the bubbles that appeared around him chubby brown skin. I bathed him good and dried off his soft Carmel skin. I put baby lotion on his skin and dressed him. I brushed his soft curly hair, it was so big now, he had a head full of hair. I smiled at him and he reached and touched my lips. I giggled. "Q, stop it". I said giggling picking him up. He swung his hands rapidly jerking his tiny body in my arms. I held him in the air and tossed him up playfully. He screamed and giggled and it made me smile. Who knew I would be a mother? I'm not going to complain Quincey was my everything. I sat him in his bouncer and cut on 'Team Oomizomi' for Quincey. I had to take a shower, but I couldn't take to long because it's unsafe to have my baby unattended to. I left the door open and turned the shower head on and undressed. I let the warm water run down my skin and washed up. I rinsed off the soap, dried off and put on my clothes.

I hurried out the bathroom and checked on Quincey he was doing just fine. I took him out of his bouncer and fixed his milk and decided to give him carrots. He loved carrots it was his favorite baby food. I watched him dance and bounce for another spoonful. I teased him acting as if I was going to give him another spoonful and then drug it away from his mouth. I finally out it in his mouth. I gave him the last bit. "All Gone". I said cleaning his mouth. I gave him his bottle and let him hold it himself, he was a big boy now and he was so greedy he'd learn how to hold his bottle. He'd probably feed himself if I'd let him. I picked him up and laid him down and burped him. I rocked him left and right on my thighs and he eventually fell asleep. I laid him on the sofa and got dressed in some jeans and a button down polo. I unwrapped my long hair and put my jewelry on.

Ja'micheal was out with his brother who was in town. They'll be back later on to get me and Quincey so I have to be ready. I did my makeup and put on some perfume. I let Quincey sleep so I could get ready. I was excited to meet Ja'micheal's brother. He's a sophomore in college. He's 21. I've seen pictures they look just alike but I'm still a little nervous.

I heard some whining so I knew Quincey had woken up. I picked him up and changed his diaper and we sat on the sofa and waited. I got a call from Tameeka and answered. She was telling me about how she met this guy and asking did I want to go out this weekend. I agreed and we talked for about 15 minutes. We hung up and I just channel surfed for the time being.

I heard a key unlocking the door, and saw Ja'micheal and his brother come in. "Bruh, ain't no way the spurs gone beat the heats". Ja'micheal said coming in the house. He sat his keys down on the end table and continued to argue with his brother. "Bruh, you dead". He said continue to argue. I sat on the sofa with a dumb look on my face because I really didn't give a shit about ball. "Whatever bruh, Riyah"? He called out. "Right here". I said waving my hand in the air. He laughed. "Oh shit, Ian even see you bae, but, this my brother Jaydin". I sat Quincey in his bouncer, and shook Jaydin's hand. "Hi". I said. "Hey". He said. "Well, make yourself comfortable I said taking a seat.

Ja'micheal picked Quincey up and kissed his face. "That's lil man"? Jaydin asked. Jay smiled and shook his head yes. "Damn, boy he look JUST like you". He said. "Can I hold him"? He asked. "Yeah". Ja'micheal handed Quincey to Jaydin and he burst out crying. "Aww it's iight man, I'm your uncle". He said. But that didn't stop Quincey from crying.

I picked Quincey up and sat him back in his bouncer. Jaydin looked at me in some strange way and I felt uncomfortable. I felt as if he was undressing me with his eyes. "So, your the girl my brother been talking about all day, you gotta be special". He said laughing. I blushed and looked at Ja'micheal. "He got good taste". He said. "Thank you". I said. Jaydin was about 6'5 chocolate brown smooth skin, low cut hair with a crisp tape and soft brown eyes. He was built pretty good and had a nice smile. Him and jay would look exactly the same if he was lighter.

He looked me up and down and licked his lips. I sat back on the sofa and crossed my legs. I brushed off his stares and looked straight forward at the TV. I was officially uncomfortable. "Y'all ready to go"? Ja'micheal asked. "Where we going"? I asked. "Out". He said. He rolled my eyes and picked up Quincey and Ja'micheal went to the back and grabbed Quincey's car seat. I was left alone in the front with Jaydin. "Where you from ma"? He asked licking his lips. "Detroit". I answered. "No wonder you so thick and pretty". He admitted. I didn't answer. I was so uncomfortable. I don't know if I should thank him or be worried. "So you can't speak"? He asked playfully. "I can". I said.

"So why aren't you"? He said. I held up my hand gesturing to my ring. He laughed. "So just because you got a ring you can't speak to people"? He asked. "No, I can't speak to people the way you are. If you didn't know I'm engaged to your brother". I assured him. He laughed. He was about to say something but Ja'micheal came around the corner. "Iight, I finally found the car seat". He said opening the door.

I rode in back with Quincey. I had to keep and eye on my baby. We finally reached to where ever we were going and it was at a bowling alley. We played a couple of games. And of course I won, I'm undefeated. I'm the best bowler alive. We ate some food and headed home. I changed into my pajamas and sat on the sofa. Ja'micheal left the living room to take a shower, I felt uncomfortable again.

Jaydin starred at me and licked his lips. I was scared. This nigga had to leave. He was mad disrespectful. I'm about to get married to your fucking brother and your coming on to me. What kind of bullshit is that?

Ok vote & comment

-yanaa
🎀