Chapter 4

I was dizzy,my stomach ached. My head was pounding. I sat in the corner chair in the principles office. Moments later came Mahogany and her bruised face. She squirmed trying to get to me but the officer had her in a good grip. She was yanked tighter and slung in the chair on the other side of the room. "SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP". His loud deep voice rumbled through the tiny office. Soon Ms.Coles the principle came in. She took a seat at her desk and leaned in her chair and propped up her face with the back of her hand. The room was silent but the tension was thick. "So what's the problem here". Ms.Coles spoke breaking the silence.

I looked down at my shoes. I knew what the problem was, but how on earth was I suppose to tell the principle that, I fucked some nigga at a party because my so called "best friend" dared me to and I blame her for my curious pregnancy. Come to think of it it's not her fault, it's mine but I took my anger out on her. Some friend I am, but why would she dare me to do such a thing?

"You all must not have heard me, What's ....The ..... PROBLEM"? She asked in a stern voice. Mahogany gave me a evil stare. "She obviously is upset about something that has nothing to do with me". She announced. I looked over at her. "What? Shut up, don't be comin"........ "STOP". My sentence was cut off by Ms.Coles. "We not gone have that, .... Fighting is five days period, enjoy your vacation ladies. Goodbye". I rolled my eyes as she gave us both our yellow copy of the referrals. I got my bag and left. I was more then upset. I walked the halls in confusion. My vision was blurry from my tears blocking my eyesight.

I went to the bathroom, and grabbed some tissue. I dried my tears and took a deep breathe. Why was this happening? Am I even pregnant or am I just hallucinating? My conscience spoke thick in my head, I couldn't ignore my mistake. My life is over. How was I going to tell my family this ?

I cleaned the remaining tears from my face and left the bathroom. I saw Ja'micheal and tried to ignore his presence but he seems to have spotted me. "Wassup Ariyah". I ignored him and kept walking.

"Fuck, yo attitude. Why you can't speak"? He yelled out after me. "Damn, nigga Ian gotta speak to you. Shit ! You that thirty for a hey... Hey nigga, is you happy now"? I shit back the disrespect and kept walking. If he said something back I didn't hear because I blocked him out. My heart raced in every period. I couldn't take it.

I checked myself out in 5th period and went home. I just wanted to be alone.

I drove home in a awkward silence, 10 minutes later I arrived. I sighed to see my moms car still in the driveway followed by another."What's she doing here? She suppose to be at work". I said out loud to myself. Damn I just wanna be alone.

I opened the door to see my mother and some other man on the couch naked in a 69. "What the fuck". She got up and covered herself in embarrassment. "Ariyah, dammit . What are you doing here , you suppose to be at school". She yelled. "School? And you suppose to be at work, not here sucking this nigga dick. Does my father know about this ? Your husband"? I screamed. Damn could my day get any worse? The man laid there with a confused look on his face. "Husband? Tammy? What is she talking about"? Obviously this nigga was confused and ain't know my momma was married. What a hoe. How could he so this?

I shook my head in discuss, while my mother stood there in shame with a dumb ass look on her face. "Rick, I can explain". She said. "Explain? Ain't shit to explain. You a hoe, man I'm out". He got off the couch and put on his clothes and left our home. She grabbed her shirt and page ties and out it on. "Ariyah, don't tell your father about this". She said. I let out a weak chuckle. "Don't tell my father about this? Is that all you havt to say for yourself? Selfish..... I can't believe you your a liar and a CHEATER"!

She sat on the couch and out her face in her palms. "You don't understand". She exclaimed. I laughed trying to hide back my tears of hurt. "Your right I don't understand. What would make you do this, and don't think I'm gonna take cover for you because I'm not, you made your bed now lay in it". I said. I left the house I just couldn't deal with it, to much in one day. I drove around the busy city of Chicago and found myself at a drug store. "Time to find out the truth". I thought to myself.

I walked into the tiny store and searched through the aisles. I looked for a pregnancy test and soon found one, I read the back of the box and went to check out. The clerk had an attitude but I was to exhausted to give her a feedback. I paid for the test and left. I sat in the car and stared out the window. Where did I go wrong? Pregnant ? I have my whole life ahead of me.

This is a set back. They said God does things for a reason, but why this reason. I cleared my head of my thoughts and pulled out of the parking lot. I drove to Logan's and got myself something to eat. I ate my food and drove to my cousins house. Someone o could always count on. I knocked on the small apartment door and pretty soon she answered.

"Hey Riyah". She greeted me with a big hug and welcomed me in. "What's up". I said plopping down on the couch. "Nothing, ain't you pose to be in school"? She asked getting her bowl of noodles off the nearby table. "Suspended". I announced. "Suspended? For what"? She questioned.

"Fighting". I assured her. She didn't ask me to go into details because she could tale by my nonchalant attitude I didn't want to discuss it.

"Is there something bothering you Riyah"? She asked. I took a deep breath. "Yeah". I assured her. "What's the problem"? She questioned I tried holding back the tears. I swallowed the frog in my throat and spoke. My cracking voiced filled the silent room.

"I think I'm pregnant".

She looked at me in disbelief and soon broke out into laughter. "You almost had Riyah, that was a good one. For real what's the problem girl your failed a test or something you mad at ya friends"? I didn't budge. I wasn't joking.

"I'm not playing or joking". I assured her. I reached in my small plastic bag and pulled out my test, "can you take it with me Tracey I'm scared". I said. She put down her bowl and walked up to me. "What the fuck were you thinking Ariyah? Didn't you use a condom ? Who's the father"? She questioned. "I did, and it was a dare for me to fuck him and now I might be pregnant with his baby, please don't judge me, I know your disappointed, I am to, I just need you to be hear with me, for me"! I said breaking into tears. "Don't cry Riyah, I'm here for you, trust me I am. She said hugging me.

She wiped my tears and took the test from my hands. We walked to the bathroom and I peed on the stick. We waited for about 15 minutes for the results. My stomach tightened in a not and my throat went dry my body trembled in fear. I picked up the test and held it in my shakes hands. My knees went weak .

It read 3 plus signs .................. I'm pregnant.

---------------------------
Ok what d you think

Ariyah & mahogany got suspended

Ariyah ran into Ja'micheal in the hall

Ariyah caught her mother cheating

Ariyah found out she's pregnant

Vote & COMMMMEEEENNNT People thank youu

-yanaa🎀