Chapter 18~Fuming anger

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gae Taeng's pov~

I watched in terror as Sehun's mother approached us. Sehun stood up and faced her, while the rest of us remained silent.

"There you are Sehun! I've been looking for you everywhere! Is this the reason for you to postpone an important meeting?"

Sehun did that? Wait a minute, how does she know Sehun's schedule so well? And why is she behind him so much? That's kinda scary.

"She has always been like that. Ever since Sehun's father died she has constantly been on Sehun's tracks, to make sure he maintains his ground in his carrer. She is frequently updated by Sehun's manager." Luhan whispered to me as if he was reading my mind.

"Oh." I replied.

I suddenly felt like I didn't know Sehun that well. He surely has many personal problems. I just wish he shares them with me more so that I can ease his pain. I just don't want him to face everything alone.

She glanced at everyone in the room and her eyes fell on me. I shivered. She narrowed her eyes,"You...."

Sehun immediately blocked me,"She has nothing to do with this."

She shot me a cold glare before she averted the gaze back to Sehun.

"Oh Sehun, go to the office now. You still have some work to complete." Without saying another word she left, with a tall guard following her.

After she left, all of us sighed in relief.

"Sorry guys I need to go right now." Sehun said.

I gave him a slight nod before he left. There was a moment of awkward silence. 

"Well, nice meeting all of you. We'll get going then."Tiffany-unnie said, standing up. She nudged my arm, so I stood up as well and bowed.

"I'll drop both of you to the bus stop." Luhan said immediately, standing up. After saying goodbye to everyone we walked towards the bus stop.

After a few minutes, we reached the stop. I sighed.

"Don't worry, Sehun will be fine." Luhan said.

"Yeah, I hope so." I faked a smile.

"Soo...Luhan-sshi, I heard you qualified for the National Football team." Tiffany spoke.

Luhan smiled softly,"Hmm...yeah."

"That's awesome! Right Tae?" Tiffany turned to me.

"Yeah, that's really cool." I replied. I tried to sound as cheerful as possible but it came out rather monotonously.

I started thinking about the time Mrs.Oh slapped me. Then I remembered how she looked at me menacingly. I felt a sharp pang in my heart. I wonder what I did wrong?

"Mrs.Oh has always been like that." Luahn shifted his gaze to the road ahead.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Ever since we were little she expected Sehun to always top his class. If got 98% she would ask him where he lost the 2%. So she always made sure he was the best in everything he did. I always thought that it was her way of caring for him."

"But why pick me if she doesn't like me so much?" I asked.

Luhan frowned,"It's hard for me to say this but I think she might have picked you randomly."