12. the bad boy and the best friend

I hate moving especially to a house I don't even want to live in with the people I don't want to live with.

          Since my mom is marrying Rob in a few days, we have to move to his house because he's my stepdad now - no matter how much I dislike that. I have to start packing my things so when my mom and my new stepdad goes off to their honeymoon, I can live in his house with his son. Can't wait to see how that'll turn out.

          Right now, I'm at Rob's house unpacking some boxes for my new room. No matter how much I love my new room, I still don't want to live here. There's just so much memories, the good and the bad, in that house. I'll miss it.

          I grab the chair by my side and put it against the wall next to the window. With some pins in my hand, I get on the chair and put the pins in the wall so I can hang some picture frames up there.

          The chair is kind of squeaky and unstable but it'll work for now.

          I get down after pushing all the pins in and grab a big picture frame of me and my parents that we took at a studio. Memories of that day comes to mind. Looking at dad's smile brings so much happiness and pain at the same time. He didn't deserve to go.

          Shaking my head to get rid of the feeling, I hang that picture up where I placed the pin, tippy toeing to hang it up.

          "Hey babe," a voice echoes into the room, scaring the shit out of me. I stumble back and lose my balance. I found myself falling backwards down the chair then I was in the hands of a pair of strong arms.

          "Falling for me already?" Archer smirks.

          "Oh my hero!" I gasp out in over exaggeration while he's carrying me bridal style.

          I haven't seen him in a few days since that night when his car broke down because it ran out of gas. Luckily, he called someone and they came through.

          Sure we see each other at school but Archer's actually nice enough to give me some space and hang out with Heidi alone. Who knew he was like that. It surprised me. Or maybe he's already getting bored of me. That's good too. Then this relationship can end soon.

          Someone clear their throat by the door, getting our attention. Jace appears, looking between us weird.

          He looks at me, "Someone's here for you."

          "Who?"

          He shrugs, "He said he's your husband."

          Archer and I share a confused look with Jace before Archer puts me down on the floor.

          "Did you get yourself a sugar daddy?" Archer asks, looking more serious than I expect him.

          "Maybe." I reply then leave the room and go to meet my 'husband'.

          "Uh. It's this way," Jace stops me and points to the other direction from me. I let out a sheepish chuckle and follow him to the living room while Archer follows behind us.

          I still get lost in this house. Not my fault it's so goddamn big.

          When we reach the living room, a tall tan boy stands before me with his back towards me. Just from looking behind, I can tell exactly who he is.

          "Charlie!" I yell at the top of my lung. It's so good to see a familiar face.

          He turn to look at me with a grin. "Chloe bear!"

          I run to him and jump up, giving him a bear hug. He catch me and spin me around for a few seconds before putting me down.

          Archer clear his throat and comes right in between me and Charlie. Charlie notice his overprotectiveness and steps back a few feet away.

          Archer smiles and wrap his arm around  my shoulder like I'm his property or something.

          I notice the tension rising so I decided to introduce them, "Archer this is Charlie, my best friend since forever. Charlie, Archer."

          "Archer Bradshaw as in her boyfriend," Archer emphasize the boyfriend part, making sure it reaches Charlie's mind and stays there.

          I look between Charlie and Archer and notice they're sending death glares at each other. If looks could kill.

          Let's just hope this doesn't interfere with mom's wedding.

~

a/n

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote, comment. Give me some feedback on how you're liking the story so far. I know this chapter is boring but the next few chapters will get more interesting - trust me.

Things to look forward to: new characters, or should I say, old foes.

;)