Flashback Chapter

flashback
As Deedra and Tay'Shone slept, they heard a muffled cry from down the hall. Mother senses kicking in, Deedra hopped up and grabbed her gun, running towards Denver's room. Seeing the dark, shadowy figure, she instantly got trigger happy. As she got closer to the figure, she was able to make out who it belonged to. Without a second thought she fired the gun. Forgetting all about Denver being in the room Deedra began to lose it. Throwing punches and vile language, she was determined to cause this figure the pain she had built up. "bitch!" 👊 "hoe!" 👊 Whatever came to her mind flew out of her mouth. When Denver felt like it was too much, he intervened. Crying and screaming out for his daddy, his tiny body flew into the middle of his 'mommy' and this dark figure. However, the damage to HIM had been done. It was clear he was drugged. For a good 15 minutes- while Tay'Shone slept- Denver was forced to be in the middle ... once again. Suddenly, "RAQUEL?!?!?!!" a puzzled Tay'Shone stood at the door. Having been there nothing short of 2 minutes, he instantly grabbed Deedra- throwing her to the wall. Watching his son lay unconscious on the carpet, he lunged towards his baby momma- infuriated and confused. "How? Why? Who? and WHEN?" his mind began to swirl as he dialed emergency and authoritative services. 3 hours later, with Raquel and Denver in the hospital and Deedra in government custody, Tay's world seemed to be frozen. Waiting for his son and baby momma's results, Tay drove to his cousin's house. Having been there nothing short of 5 minutes, he broke down. As he cried and vented to the only family he felt he had, his phone began to ring. Noticing the ringtone, he decided against answering it. He wasn't ready to hear the results of his child and baby momma. However, after 4 more calls he answered. Exhausted from the nights' events, he suddenly became alert. "Mr. Jones, your son was heavily drugged with anesthesia and morphine. There's no guarantee that he'll make it but if he does, even the slightest cold can cause him to die," Tay had heard enough, he began to question EVERYTHING. "Your wife-," the doctor started. "She's my child's mother not my wife." Noticing the bluntness the doctor corrected himself. "Well, Raquel is going to make it although she took some major blows to her head. Authoritative services will, however, take her back into custody." Tay'Shone was relieved at the news of Raquel but found it hard to stomach his son's physical state. He had to go get Deedra.