Chapter 17

Dedicated to al0925 for being so sweet and patient :)

___________________________________________________________

Renée:

I smile brightly at the strange looking people around me. I will never get used to the odd fashion that they have and the joy they take from watching children fight to the death. Now that I've been through the districts, the Capitol seems like a synch because all I have to do is a few interviews and a big banquet tomorrow night. I'm glad that I have a week to hang out with everyone from the other districts.

As I scan the crowd my eyes catch on a group of three familiar people. My smile goes from forced to real in no time as I see them beaming at me as they wave. I descend from the train and Bridget runs to me and almost tackles me in a hug. I chuckle as I take in the warm welcome. The Hanagan twins are next to hug me but they don't tackle me quite like Bridget.

"Hey guys." I smile at the three.

"Oh my God! I've missed you so much!" Bridget bounces on her feet.

"I saw you a week ago. How much sugar have you had?" I chuckle at my friend.

"Oh you know. Like twenty espressos and a piece of chocolate cake." She shrugs.

"Oh geez." I roll my eyes.

"Come on!" Bridget says as she takes me by the hand and drags me away.

"Hey B?" Finnick waves as though he's upset that she forgot him.

"Hey Finn!" She shouts and hugs him. Again almost tackling him.

"Let's go back to the Training Center." Peyton giggles.

We all get into two cars. Peyton, Bridget, and myself in one car and my mentors and Preston in another. The whole 20 minutes Bridget talks nonstop which is actually quite amusing because I've never seen her this excitable. She tells me about what I've missed in the Capitol and about her and Preston's dates and her promise ring as Peyton tries not to pee herself laughing.

When we get back to the Training Center I'm whisked away from my friends. I'm told that I have to go for an interview with Caesar. Oh the joys of being a new victor.

___________________________________________________________

Bridget: (next day)

Cleopatra has been working on me all day. My eyes are lined black and my pale face is covered in foundation and powder. My cheekbones are defined from the light blush and my lips are a deep red to match my gorgeous dress. The dress is one shoulder and has one sleeve with the top covered in what looks like a cherry blossom tree and the skirt is flown and ball gown style along with the cherry blossom tree look. My shoes are nude open toe heels but the dress covers them. My nails match my lips and the dress.

I'm standing at the entrance of one of the presidents many ballrooms. Preston holds my hand as he looks absolutely enticing in a tux and deep red tie that matches my dress. Preston and I are entering just after Peyton and a career district boy and we will be followed by the Victors, then the Four mentors, and finally Renée. I haven't had the chance to see her in a dress so I'm extremely excited.

The music starts which is our queue to enter. A few people take notice to us along with the Capitol paparazzi but we aren't the main attraction so it's understandable. Preston and I shake a few hands and chat a few people up before our parents and other victors enter. Now is the moment everyone has been waiting for; Renée's entrance starts as the double doors open.

The new Victor looks stunning in her Capitol couture dress. The dress has many large folds and is shaped nicely but it looks uncomfortable as the dress looks to be made out of cardboard. There are cut out shapes of roses and the dress is black and white. The dress shows her long tanned legs that look gorgeous with her black heels. I'm utterly jealous.