Chapter 11

Bridget:

Its been two days since Summer died in the Games. No one else had died that day but the next day Anwyn and Ryker from District 2 had split up and Ryker ran into the twelve year old from 7, Barker. Thankfully Barker managed to disarm Ryker and kill him. After their scene you could here Johanna release a sigh of relief for her brother was spared.

There are three left in the Games. Barker, Anwyn, and Renée. I'm rooting for Renée. I'm pretty sure that the Games will end today but it all depends on if the audience wants to drag it out. Let's hope they don't.

After I'm finished analyzing the games in my head I get up and take a shower. I've confined myself in my room and haven't once gotten out. I ordered food to the room and had to watch the horrible Games from my room as well. I never changed out of my pyjamas either and I ate chocolate ice cream almost all of the first day that she didn't wake up to. It killed me to know that Willow had to watch her sister play the Games and be killed in them too.

When I get out of the shower I blow dry my hair and straighten it before I take my side bangs and braid it into the rest of my hair and secure the end with two bobby pins. I walk out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel. I search through my closet and find a pair of white capri jeans and throw them on along with a coral colored halter top. I finish the look off with a pair of 3 inch wedges that have straps that match the top. When I'm dressed I put on a tiny bit of foundation to cover the red and blotchy parts of my face from crying last night. I put on a little bit of mascara too.

When I walk into the Victors Lounge I'm greeted by Peyton.

"Hey look! Bridget is alive!" She jokes.

"Ha. ha. You are so funny." I fake chuckle at her. "Now I'm looking presentable so what did you want me to do today?" Peyton had told Haymitch to tell me yesterday that she was taking me out and to look nice and not 'slobbish'.

"We are meeting somebody at the mall. They don't know your coming." She tells me.

"So who are they?" I ask.

"Can't tell you that, but let me do your makeup please?" She changes the subject quickly.

"I put on foundation and mascara what more do you need?"

"A lot."

"Fine but let me just show Haymitch that I've come out of my splendid isolation."

I walk over to Haymitch where he is sitting with Chaff, Seeder, Finnick, and Johanna. When I walk up Seeder smiles at me like she knows something as she looks at Peyton. I turn just in time to see Peyton shake her head. I ignore it.

"Hey guys." I say.

"Hey B!" Finnick is the first to greet me. I roll my eyes.

"Hey F!" I joke.

"B sounds better than F." He tells me like a stubborn child.

"Whatever." I smile and shake my head before I turn to Haymitch.

"I wanted to show you that I came out of my splendid isolation and I'm now going to the mall with Peyton." I tell him.

"Okay have fun." He tells me as he knocks back his coffee.

"Let me smell that." I demand and he hands me the coffee.

I sniff it and it smells like whiskey. "Fuck you!" I say before putting the coffee cup in the trash. "We had a deal!"

"Bridget!"

"No! No 'Bridget'! You promised that you would at least try to stop drinking but all you're doing is hiding it. Guess I can cuss all I like to now!"