Chapter 16

A/N Yeah I know it's short but I'm dragging out the end and trying to do it quickly without it being crap but I don't think it's working.

___________________________________________________________

Bridget:

I've been informed that 11's train is pulling into the station any minute now so I'm waiting at the platform. I probably look like an idiot with a huge smile on my face just standing here; at this point I couldn't care less. I've been waiting for months to see Preston again and I'm not going to wait until he gets to the Training Center.

My smile suddenly gets bigger, if that's even possible, as I watch the silver train glide to a stop. It seems like forever before I finally see my boyfriend step onto the solid ground. My feet subconsciously carry me to him and when he lifts his head to gaze around he spots me and he has a smile on his face that matches mine. I have no idea when I made the decision to run but I find myself colliding into him and being spun around. I feel like I'm in a movie but that's okay. I give Preston a quick peck on the lips as he sets me back on my feet.

"I've missed you so much." I beam up at him.

"I'm pretty sure I missed you more." He teases before we get interrupted.

"Please don't be that couple while we're in the Capitol." Peyton smirks as she makes the action of sticking her fingers down her throat.

I run and hug the other Hanagan twin, nearly knocking her over. "Missed you."

"I missed you too, Abernathy." Peyton chuckles as I release her from my hug.

I hear some faint laughter from behind us so I turn to see Seeder and Chaff. "Hey guys!"

"Hi Bridget." They smile simultaneously.

After 11's escort hurries them all along I go with them in a car to the Training Center. We all catch up and tell each other about life in the districts but we don't dare talk about anything we wouldn't want unwanted ears to hear. I enjoy just catching up with two of my best friends but our group doesn't feel complete without Renée.

"How about we go to the mall after I have my interview with Caesar?" Preston whispers in my ear.

I simply nod my head before the car stops outside of the Training Center. Once we get in the building I sit on a chair as the District 11-ers have their interview. It seems as though Caesar drones on for hours before I can finally have Preston to myself. After about 45 minutes my boyfriend and I are on our way to the mall.

Preston takes me to the coffee shop where he had proposed the idea that we get back together. I have a cinnamon spice latte and Preston gets a hot chocolate. We walk around in a comfortable silence only breaking it every now and again. I love how neither of us feels the need to fill the silence because it shows how comfortable we are with each other. I've always been flustered around Preston before and now that we have been together I'm relaxed.

Preston and I walk around for hours before we finally decide to stroll through the park on our way home. As we walk past the familiar willow trees I do what I did last time and hide in the leaves. Preston remember so he finds me easily but it doesn't stop us from making our sides hurt from laughter.

"Hey Bridge?" Preston questions when we've calmed down.

"Yeah?" I reply with a sweet smile as we walk.

"Would you like to go on a date with me in three nights time?" He smiles sheepishly at me.

"Of course. I'd love to." I beam up at him.

___________________________________________________________

Finnick:

It's been a few days since we left 12 and I know we are all exhausted. Its not like its any different as the years change. Speech, eat, sleep, leave. It's so repetitive.