Chapter 5

Preston:

We sit in a peaceful silence. I stare at Bridget's moonlit face. The pale light makes her fair skin look almost as though she is glowing. I study every aspect of her sweet delicate face before she turns to me with her big dark chocolate eyes. She smiles at me before slowly putting her face millimeters from mine. Ours lips almost touching. I can't stand it any longer so I move slowly to close the gap between our skin while she closes her eyes. Our lips touch and I feel as though all my curiosity about her is replaced by a need for her.

_____________________________________________________________________

Bridget:

As soon as our lips meet I feel an electric shock. I feel a warmth spread around my body starting at my lips. After a few seconds Preston opens his mouth to deepen the kiss and I panic a little because I have no idea what to do but then it all feels so natural and our tongues brush along each other. He tastes faintly like spearmint gum. The whole time Preston is gentle and his lips are warm and soft fitting perfectly with mine. We finally decide that oxygen is a needed aspect in living so we break apart at the same time and smile at each other with our foreheads leaning together.

"Oh My God! You two just kissed! Preston and Bridget sitting in a tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G." I hear a familiar male voice behind me sing and my eyes widen.

"Finnick!" I scream.

"Yes." He says amused.

"Get the fuck over here!" I scream now pissed off with his immaturity.

Finnick walks over smiling and looking down at Preston's and my hand that became entwined during our kiss.

"Never ever tell my father about what you just saw." I warn Finnick.

"What about Chaff?" He asks hopeful.

"Not him either because he will tell Haymitch. Oh and especially don't tell my sister." Preston eyes Finnick.

"Aww you take all the fun out of it." He smirks. "But you could do something for me in return." I knew that was coming. I'm screwed.

"What?" I ask impatiently.

"You have to do whatever I say until this years games are over." Finnick grins obnoxiously.

"Whatever. But if you let one word slip the deal is off. Got it?" I say sternly. He agrees so we all shake hands to seal the deal.

Finnick then leaves and Preston and I head down as well but when we get to my bedroom door I stop him.

"Wait!" I say not knowing what I'm asking him to wait for.

"Yes?" He asks sweetly.

"Would you mind spending the rest of the night here. I can't go back to sleep and wake up not knowing if my nightmare was real and if you really got reaped."

"I don't know. Your father would kill me if he saw us."

"Then lets not hide. We can pretend we were watching a movie in the living room and fell asleep. Please?" I beg him.

He smiles. "Fine. Go pick a movie out."

"Okay. You should ask an avox for a pillow and blanket or something." I tell him.

I go and pick out a Vivienne Lockhart remake of Pride and Prejudice. I stick it in as Preston gets comfortable on the couch with the pillow and blanket that the avox brought him. I put my pillow on his lap and lay my head down and throw my duvet over me. Sometime during the movie I fall asleep to Preston playing with my hair and Mr Darcy talking.