Chapter 12

Bridget:

Claudius Templesmith announces Renee of District 4 as the Victor of the 71st Hunger Games. I turn to Finn with a look of joy and shock on my face. For a second all we do is stare at each other until I fling my arms around his neck. He doesn't hesitate to wrap his arms around me.

"She did it!" I breathe.

"Yeah." He smiles as I pull back from the hug.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of that day is a blur. It takes about 2 days for the Capitol to fully prepare Renee so on the third day is her game highlights and the presentation of the new victor. All of the official business is done by the end of the 4th day which gives 4 days before everyone goes back to their Districts. I finally get to meet Renee 5 days after her games ended.

I walk into the Victors Lounge and Renee is talking to Finnick on one of the couches. I walk over and flop down next to Finn.

"Am I interrupting?" I ask.

"Nope. We're just chilling." Finn tells me.

I laugh at him. "Whatever Finn." Renee looks kind of awkwardly between me and Finn. "I'm Bridget Abernathy." I smile sweetly and hold my hand out.

"Renee. Its nice to meet you. You're the Twelve mentor's daughter right?" She says while shaking my hand.

"Yeah. Haymitch is probably getting drunk right now." I roll my eyes.

"He's actually getting better Bridge." Finn tells me reasonably.

"I know." I shrug. "Anyway, have you been to the Purple Palm restaurant yet?" I ask Renee.

She laughs and shakes her head. "No."

"Finnick Odair! You haven't taken this girl to the best restaurant in the Capitol yet?!" I act shocked.

"Nope. Not had the chance." Finn says.

"Do you have any plans for today?" I ask and they both shake their heads. "You do now."

"Okay. Sounds like fun." Renee smile.

"You can't go unless I'm invited, Abernathy." I hear Preston call from behind me.

"Hey that's my line!" Peyton exclaims and Renee giggles.

"Oh God the Hanagan Twins." Finn chuckles.

"Let's take Renee out for lunch. My treat." I smile.

"I can't let you do that." Renee says.

"No its fine. I have Haymitch's debit card." I smirk.

Renee chuckles. "Okay then."

"You guys head down. I need to go up to tell Haymitch I'm going and I need to change." I tell them.

"Really Bridget?" Finn says.

"Really Finn. I may not be a Victor but I still need to keep up my appearance. We all can't wake up looking amazing every morning you know." I joke.

I head up to the twelfth floor and walk into my room. I grab a pair of black tights and jean shorts and change out of my leggings. I grab a plaid flannel shirt and a tight white cami top and replace my over sized t-shirt. I leave the plaid shirt unbuttoned and I roll the sleeves up to just above my elbows. My makeup is already done and my hair is in a braid. I slip my black flats on and grab my brown satchel, that I got with Johanna and Peyton, before heading out the door. I tell a fairly sober Haymitch where I'm going before I get in the elevator and get out at the lobby.