Chapter 15

A/N: I know it's short. I'm sorry it's just a filler...

___________________________________________________________

Bridget:

I stare at my reflection in the mirror in my room. I'm currently wearing a pair of black leggings with a medium length camel coat and a burnt orange knit scarf. On my feet I'm wearing a pair of black boots. My hair is in soft waves tied into a ponytail and my makeup is done so I grab my brown leather purse and my burnt orange gloves off my bed and fly downstairs to where Haymitch is waiting for me.

I slip my gloves on as my father and I knock on the visiting Victor's doors. They all sleepily walk out of their doors and join us with their escort and stylists to walk to the train station. We all walk in a comfortable silence through the town square as we pass the people who are going to trade at the Hob. When we get to the train station the Victors and I say our farewells and the guests from District 4 are on their way to the next district.

"Hello!" A cheery voice says from behind me. Please kill me now.

"Hi Effie." I sigh as I turn and see Effie sporting her green wig and extremely high heels.

"Great." I hear Haymitch mutter under his breath and it makes me giggle slightly.

"Okay so here is your schedules for when you're in the Capitol." Effie says as she hands my father and I a piece of paper.

After Effie gets through her organizational necessities we board our own Capitol train while two avox's grab our bags that we had taken to the Justice Building last night so we wouldn't need to drag them this morning. Haymitch and I find our rooms and I throw my gloves along with my scarf and coat, revealing my button down white shirt, and my purse onto the bed before walking back into the gathering area of the train.

We don't do much but watch Renée's victory tour today. My dad and I just talk about random stuff and the knew Victor. Effie, my father, and I eat dinner in silence before I go off to get ready for bed.

I enter my room and go straight to the bathroom. I spot the luxurious tub and let the water run so that I can have a bath. I spot a crystal vase looking object that has a pink liquid in it so I assume it's bubble bath. I poor the pink liquid into the bath and it causes foam to surface on the top of the water as more bubbles appear. I close the bathroom door and strip down before I slide into the bathtub to relax.

The past month has been really hectic for me as I've been trying to keep up with Haymitch and the house and preparing myself for the games. I haven't told anyone but Willow that I'm practicing. They don't need to know what I do in the woods because it's my business and mine alone. They don't need to know that I use trees to practice my knife throwing and they definitely don't need to know that I'm trying to figure out what plants are poisonous and what aren't by feeding them to animals. It's cruel I know but I'd rather get away with my life.

I'm really dreading the reapings because I know that I'll be picked. I mean it is inevitable with me being the daughter of Haymitch Abernathy, who made the Capitol look like fools in his games. I'm pretty sure that Haymitch has suffered enough but with the cruel sadistic mind of Snow nothing will be enough until my father is dead or until the infamous president is dead himself.

I really need to stop thinking about depressing subjects right now because I'm taking a bath to calm myself. I just need to take deep breaths and relax. I shut my eyes and slide deeper into the water.

After another 20 minutes I decide that it's time to get out so I scrub my hair and my body. When I'm done with my bath I unplug the drain and stand up. I reach over to the towel rack and pull one of the towels off. I quickly towel dry my hair and my body before I wrap the towel around myself. I walk out of the bathroom and saunter over to my suitcase to grab out a t-shirt and sweat pants.