18| Everything Will Be OK

(5 months pregnant)

It's been about a week since Ben and I have broken up and it's been week of hell. I couldn't get out of this depressed funk. I've been pushing my way through school and that's it. It's almost Christmas time and usually I'd be excited but this year I'm not really feeling it.

One, I am pregnant, two I just can't get myself to be excited for it and three I know how awkward it's going to be with my family. Lately it's been hard for me to find something to be excited about. Never was I the type of person to always think negative but it was hard lately.

That's how it was at Thanksgiving last month. My dad and my mom tried to make it not obvious they were fighting but both Ashley and I could tell that they were fighting by their angry glares they kept exchanging.

"Hey," I hear someone say from my door. "How you doing, Ames?"

I glance behind me and surprisingly see my dad. I give an angry glare and he looks at me confused.

"Why are you here?" I mutter continuing to clean up my room.

"What do you mean?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"I mean, I'm surprised to see that you are even here. You're never home anymore." I tell him and he lets out an audible sigh.

"I know I'm never home anymore it's just there is some stuff going on with your mother and I that you and Ashley wouldn't understand." I turn to face him as he says that.

For some reason, that flared up even more anger in me. They never told us anything so how are we supposed to understand?

"Of course we don't understand! We don't even know what is going on because you guys wont tell us!" My voice rises.

"I don't know what to say, Amy. When your mother and I figure it out ourselves you both will know right away." He replies.

"What do you want?" I change the subject quickly crossing my arms over my chest.

"I just wanted to know how you were doing?" He asked.

"I'm okay," I answer him and he nods his head.

"I heard you and Ben broke up. Why?"

"He just didn't feel like it was the right time for us to be together." I told him.

"Well, I'm sorry it didn't work out but you're too young to have a boyfriend anyway."

He's insane. I'm too young to be pregnant but here I am. I decide not to argue about it and just leave it at that. I don't think I have anymore energy to fight it so all I do is nod my head and stay in silence.

"Is there anything else you need?" I ask trying to block out the attitude in my voice and I think it worked because he smiles and shakes his head.

"Just checking on you," He says and I nod my head. "If you need anything just let me know."

"Okay." He shoots me another smile and finally walks away.

I let out a relieving sigh and continue to clean up my room. I have been sitting in here for the last week just sulking so there is a bit of a mess. Wrappers, piles of clothes and papers from school.

In the middle of finishing my mom pokes her head into my room too.

"I'm going shopping for some last minute Christmas presents and you're coming with me." She tells me and I raise my eyebrows at her.

"Why?"

"Because I said so and we can eat at Marcos across the street from the mall." She says.