11 | He Made Me Cry and We Got Caught

Ricky's threat has been running though my mind for a week now. Was he seriously going to bring me to court of was it just an empty threat? Since we talked about a week ago, thoughts have been cluttering my mind. I couldn't think about anything else. Not Ben, not band or school. I couldn't keep my focus on anything else. Ben has been trying to talk me a lot but I would also let my mind fade away to something else. He's been trying to get me to talk about that pregnancy but for some reason I have been feeling ashamed.

About my body, about band camp and just about everything else.

"Amy, are you okay? You've been quiet this week." Ben says worriedly as he softly touches my arm. His touch sends tingles up my arm.

"Yeah, all is good." I tell him with a fake smile.

"Are you sure since we talked about you know, you've been acting really weird. Can I come over tonight?" He asks as he looks at me with a soft look.

"Yeah you can come over." I answer him with another fake smile. I'm getting used to this whole fake a smile thing.

"Okay, I'll be over at five. We can talk." He replies with a grin. I nod my head at him and he leans his face down so our faces are centimeters apart. Before I know it his lips are on mine. It's a short and sweet kiss but it's enough to make me tingle all over.

When he pulls back he smiles down at me. The bell rings signalling the beginning of next class. Ben says goodbye quickly and I return it. I walk to my class, trying not to get tumbled over by the pushing teenagers. When I enter my class the teacher gives me a pass to go the councilors office. I thank him and walk towards the councilors office. It takes a minute or two before I reach the door and when I do I knock and he tells me to come in.

Once I am inside he motions for me to sit in the chair across from his desk. I place my bag on the floor and sit in the chair.

"Hi Amy," He greets to me and I smile, "I just wanted to talk to you about things that have been going around." He says and I right away know what he is talking about. Even the councilor knows?

"Okay," I reply nervously.

"So there's rumors you are pregnant, I understand how hard it is for people to be spreading lies about you. I just want to make-"

"It's true." I blurt out before he can continue to talk and his eyes go wide.

"We have a girl councilor here, I think I should call her down for this." He says awkwardly then dials a number on the phone and presses it to his here.

"Yeah its Marc Molina, I was wondering if Ms. Ross can come down to my office for a minute or two. Alright. Thank you. Bye." He ended the phone call and hung up.

"Okay." I say softly.

"She's going to be here in a moment." He says awkwardly and I nod my head.

We sit there in silence and it seems like an hour before the women gets here. He says he'll talk to me later and leaves the room for a moment to talk to her Ms. Ross. She reenters the room and sends me a sympathetic smile.

"Mr. Molina told me the news. How are you holding up?" She asks then sits down in his chair.

"I'm okay, I guess." I tell her shyly.

"If you don't mind me asking who's the father? Anything you tell me is confidential so you can tell me anything."

I think about it for a moment and decide I mine as well tell her, she is a school councilor.