4 | I Disappointed the Family

After Lauren, Madison and I all talked today they convinced me I should tell my mom right away because that's what the best thing to do is. Its almost time for dinner and my mom just got home recently so I decided that I will tell both her and Ashley what happened at band camp and the consequences of that night. I know my mom is going to freak out and Ashley, who knows what her reaction is going to be. You never know with her.

"Dinner is ready girls." My mom shouts to us from the kitchen.

Panic starts to rise in my body and I am starting to freak out. What is she going to do? What am I going to do? What is Ashley's reaction going to be?

I can't stop all of these questions that run through my head as I pick up the courage to walk out of my room and into the kitchen to reveal my secret to the both of them. I let out a shaky breath to try to reveal the nerves in my body but it doesn't help and I am still left with the nervousness and anxiety.

Both Ashley and I are walking into the kitchen. My mom made lasagna for dinner. We all sit down and begin to serve ourselves the food. Right away we begin to eat and it's silent as usual. Dad is probably working again or whatever he's really doing when he says that he is working.

We are in the middle of finishing up our food when I decided that I mine as well tell the both of them now so I can get it over with.

"Uh Mom? Can I tell you something?" I ask setting my fork down on the table. Mom and Ashley look up at me waiting for me to continue. "Something happened at band camp this summer..." I say my eyes becoming glossy.

"What is it Amy? You can tell me whatever it is." She convinces me with a sympathetic look on her face. A tear slips out of the corner of my eye and falls off of my face.

"I did something and now something happened..." I begin.

"What Amy?" My mom presses.

"I had sex." I blurt out quickly.

Mom and Ashley's eyes go wide as they stare at me wordlessly.

"Are you pregnant?" My mom asks.

I don't reply with words but with tears. A sob escapes my throat and my body starts to shake as tears continuously fall down my face.

"I-I'm so sorry!" I stutter out while I cover my mouth with my hand to muffle the sobs that are leaving my mouth.

"Oh my god!" Ashley says with a laugh, "You're pregnant?"

"Ashley!" Mom hisses out in warning.

"What? Amy is pregnant!" She repeats grinning from ear to ear.

"Ashley go to your damn room now!" Mom orders at her pointing towards the exit of the kitchen.

"Okay, okay." She says putting her hands up in surrender then runs to her room without saying another word to us or stealing a glance at us.

"Start talking now." My mom commands at me when Ashley is out of hearing reach.

I take a deep breath to get rid of the shakiness in my breath before I begin to explain to her what happened. This was going to suck and I know it. She was going to get mad at me and get really disappointed. What sucks about that is I've never disappointed my mom before. I always did good things.

"I was at band camp this summer and I met someone. We talked for a long time and he started kissing me and I kissed back because I thought that he seemed nice and cool. One thing led to another we did that. I don't know what I was thinking Mom I really don't!" I ramble on.