Chapter 44

EXTREME RULES

"Okay this is it.. You got this.." I whispered as I stared at myself in the mirror.

"You sure do!" Joe smiled as he poked his head in, having just arrived from signings somewhere in the arena I guess .

"Shut up!" I threw him with a towel and began taping up my wrists.

"Zoe here yet or is she just going to be in the crowd and then come backstage later?"

I shook my head as I walked out with him.

"She's not going to make it today" I sighed as the flash of blonde in the crowd wouldn't be there.

"Oh, that's why you're so down.. Well at least you know she is most likely at home cheering." Joe pat my back before sitting in front of me.

While I was glad he hadn't questioned her absence as I don't think I could think of a quick story or anything.

"Yeah" I nodded.

"Well did you at least tell her about Wednesday?"

He raised his eyebrow not questioning me not really responding to him as he most likely figured it was because of her absence.

"Oh sorry man, I forgot. I'll speak to her again later and let you know"

I'd just show up on Wednesday with no Zoe then he wouldn't have time to question it as it was his birthday so he would be caught up .

"Okay well I'll see you later I have a meeting right now. Good luck out there!"

He raised his fist and even though his fist was definitely not the size of Sky's I still thought of the little guy..

"Thanks man.." I whispered.

As soon as he left, I dug into his bag and found his phone and quickly scanned through it for Zoe's number, maybe my phone was messed up or she blocked me and that's what they say when that happens.

"The number you have dialed does not exist"

...

"The number you have dialed does not exist.."

...

I would have thrown the phone against the wall but remembered it wasn't mine so I deleted my attempts at calling a number that no longer existed and put his phone back.

I walked down the hallway as my match was soon and walking around here prevented me from tearing apart the locker room.

I passed the guys locker room which I was rarely in these days .

As champion, Roman got his own locker and well he wasn't going to leave me hanging especially with the amount of fights I had gotten into while sharing the ones with the guys.

So as soon as he got his own gone were my days in that locker room, a familiar annoying voice caused me to stop in my tracks .

"Yeah, the man actually managed to land himself a chick .." I heard Seth.

I sighed as I had heard rumours of him returning tonight but hoped it wasn't true.

Especially now that I wasn't in my right state of mind.

When are you ever?

You know what I mean!

"Yeah well I bet you she's going to be in that crowd somewhere and I am going to destroy him while she watches"